Project 01 Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
comicsansfanclub

Project 01 Preliminary

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hello!

I wanted my website roughs to reflect myself so I chose two of my favorite creations and made them the theme of each layout. Overall, I wanted the layouts to look straightforward, professional, and creative. For the first layouts I chose a photo that I took in my photography class. I then took the key details within the photo to make the background. For my second set of layouts, I followed the same process as the first layout, but with a different image. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Inspirational Websites:
http://rostovtsevaphoto.tilda.ws
https://studioinnate.com
-I found these two websites inspirational because the reflected everything I wanted to incorporate into my website layouts. I really liked how the first website looked equally professional and creative, and I liked how the second website was very straightforward and clean.
web_rough01.jpg
web_rough02.jpg
web_rough03.jpg
web_rough04.jpg
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

kendall_the_mann

Re: Project 01 Preliminary

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Hazzie!

Obligatory mention of the Wybie profile pic, I love it.

Onto your designs, I love them! I think I'm more keen towards the second pink set just because I love muted colors, but I can definitely see the first one working out as well! I love your incorporation of photography into these pages, the placement with the text works out so well! I think the only advice I could offer is if you go with the first design to maybe work with the type a bit so it stands out against the dark background a little more.

Other than that small thing, these are incredible designs! Can't wait to see your final website : )
-Kendall Mann

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Hazzie,
These designs are amazing! I love the fonts, images, and colors. I like the first design more, but if you used pink, it would look just as great! The only thing I would change is spreading out the projects on the navigation bar more on the pink design. Great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Hazzie,

Very cool images first of all, I reaaallllyyyy love the feel of your second concept. It's warm but still clean. I love the look of your name in the monitor version and while the second also has a nice feel it gets a little lost with the image behind it. I also think it distracts the viewer from your super cool photo a little bit...On the mobile version it holds its own space really, really well.
Kiana Bohm

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Hazzie,

You made some really interesting layouts and designs. It's hard to choose which one i like best but I like that the use of color the best in the second design. The background picture is a tad bit distracting from the words so maybe try making the words a darker color or adding a boarder in some way. Nice job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

Olive

Post by Olive »

Hi Hazzie :D

Your designs are very clean and sleek in design they are very professional looking with the layout as well. I do like your second design mostly for the color and butterfly background you've incorporated it makes it seem more friendly and open. Not that your first design isn't amazing as well it gives off a distinguished and dexterous feel but in the mobile version I feel the project tabs are spaced too far apart
\₍ᐢ•ﻌ•ᐢ₎*・゚。 Olivia Reyes ( ^..^)ノ

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Hazzie,
I really like both of these designs but if I were to pick one then I would choose the second. I love the color theme and that image of the butterfly and hand better than the hands in the black and white layout. Although, I do love that you took elements from the images and made it a subtle pattern in the background. These are both great designs and you could go with either one and still have a great website. I don't see much that I would change layout wise but I think you are missing the class info of GRC175 Web Design & Publishing, Spring 2021. Other than that, looks great!
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Hazzie,
These are great photographs! These layouts definitely look professional, easy to read, and very clean. Both roughs are so great that I don't know what I would improve. I mean the only thing I can see is in your second design...bring the Home button closer to the projects, or just make the home button be the TMCC logo. Also, the home button is missing on the mobile version. So I think just deciding if you want to have a home button with actual text or have the home button be the TMCC logo. Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Hazzie!

These are really cool designs as always. I feel like both of your layouts really express you as an artist and it's really cool that both of your images are original images. Personally, I really like your first design. Your second one is really cool too, but I think the "About Me" and "Hazzie Castaneda" type on your mobile layout gets in the way of your image... maybe a different font color or different layout is the answer? Your first is very clean and I love how the design on your hands is integrated into your background and isn't distracting. I don't think there's a whole lot I'd change on it. Awesome job! I can't wait to see the final :)
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

estrellau

Post by estrellau »

Hello :)
I'm actually have a hard time to decide which one I like most they are both different styles and they are so aesthetically pleasing!!!!!!! nice job..... which ever one you decide to use will be great
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella