Preliminary Critique Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Kassandra

Preliminary Critique Project 1

Post by Kassandra »

Hi, everyone!

Here are my two website and mobile roughs. My concept for the first rough is geometric and I tried incorporating a bit of my culture through the color palette. My concept for the second rough is minimal, which I captured through the simple color palette, design, and font.

First Rough
grc175-project01-kf-v1.jpg
grc175-project01-kf-v1-mobile.jpg
Second Rough
grc175-project01-kf-v2.jpg
grc175-project01-kf-v2-mobile.jpg
Kassandra Fuentes

comicsansfanclub

Re: Preliminary Critique Project 1

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Kassandra!
Very cool designs. My favorite set of layouts are the first ones. I liked the colors, shapes, and I think that the photo of yourself in the corner really personalizes the whole page. Nice job! :)
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Kassandra!

Haha, I absolutely love that photo of you in the triangle on your first design! I think it definitely adds a unique, personal touch and it for sure makes me want to look around your website more! I think the only advice I have is maybe incorporate the layout of the second one into your first one! I do like the shapes, but the layout of the second one looks a bit cleaner and evenly spaced to me.

Other than that small detail, these are really cool designs! I'm really looking forward to seeing how your final website turns out : )
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Kassandra,

You made some really nice designs. I especially like the second one. I enjoy the light colors you used. I like the outline on the project buttons as well. I think it would help to make the main centered text a little darker because it is so similar to the orange used in the background. Same with the text at the bottom in the footer. Can't wait to see what how the final turns out. Good job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Kassandra!

Your first design is the strongest because of the layout, shapes and colors. I would swap out the picture of yourself with maybe a picture at low opacity for the background. Or if you use a picture of yourself maybe make it have more room on the left and shift everything to the right. I like the reds you chose, same with the fonts. :P
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hey Kassandra,

I do enjoy your second design! The color, mood, and composition is clean and straight to the point. Would you be open to adding more colors or maybe some darker hues? I think adding a darker pink or even a different color would create contrast and make it pop out even more. I think your typefaces can be better as well, can't wait to see your next designs!
angela_gutierrezgapuz

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Kassandra,

I'm enjoying your first design. Nice use of color, very organic but still contemporary. I think it still needs a little more variation though to add some visual interest...could you maybe play with some more playful fonts for your name? That one is pretty honestly but I just think your design would benefit from an unexpected element. Also, I'm a sucker for symmetry so for me his design is very eye pleasing
Kiana Bohm

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Kassandra,
I like where your first design is headed, I think there some kinda of optical allusion effect that happening with it though that making everything look a little bit off even though it isn't. I think if you made more of an argyle type pattern with the shapes. I love how you cut yourself out of a picture, it's fun detail. Can't wait to see your final web page!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kassandra,
I like both of these designs and how they each have their own look and feel to them, I only have one thought for each about what to maybe change. On the first design, while I like that you tried to get your image in there I don't think it is really fitting in and that this design would be much stronger if you did away with it. Other than that I really do like this design. For the second design I think you need a little bit more contrast between your dark and light colors. I would make the background color only a slightly bit brighter and take the darker color that you use in your name and make it almost a whole shade darker so that it really stands a part from the lighter background color. This is also why I like your first design a bit better because there is more contrast between your buttons and text and the bright background.
JacklynYamine

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hello Kassandra!

These are some really cool concepts! I love the difference of feel in both of them and they're both going in really cool directions. The layouts you have for both work really well. Personally, I'm leaning towards your first one. Adding the picture of yourself adds a lot of personalization and gives a unique touch. I think if you incorporated the color choices and background of your second rough into your first one that it'd look really cool. I would also make your body text .25 - .5 bigger with stroke, because it's a bit too thin right now. Great work! Can't wait to see what your final looks like!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)