Project One Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
dearangela

Project One Prelim

Post by dearangela »

Hey everyone,

For these two layouts, I first was very focused on making a nice composition with some borders to center attention and playing with various hues of red and blue for both designs. I love the look of a colored overlay hue on top of a photo to make it more interesting and cohesive. The photo is a place holder for now, I would like to take pictures of my own self. My goal is to focus on mixing type and imagery in the best way possible and I will try to add more movement and clarity.

Here are my two links of inspiration.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/8126731 ... 0portfolio

https://webflow.com/blog/web-design-trends-2021
Attachments
project_one_roughs-04.jpg
project_one_roughs-03.jpg
project_one_roughs-02.jpg
project_one_roughs-01.jpg
angela_gutierrezgapuz

mtvo

Re: Project One Prelim

Post by mtvo »

Hey, Angela!

I love the warm color layout. The tints you use are beautiful and make the layout sophisticated. The way your logo overlap the border and page create visual depth which its beautiful. Overall, your composition is very aesthetic and I find it inspiring! :) Awesome drafts.
a foodie, lover, and an optimist (most of the time lol)

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Angela!

I really love your incorporation with photography and light boxes for your text! I think the design really pops with that. I'm definitely leaning towards the layout of the blue design more, but I do love the colors of the red/pink one! I think your logo definitely deserves to be bigger like it is in the blue.

Awesome designs! Can't wait to see your final website : )
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Angela,

You made some very nice designs for the preliminary critique. I like both very much. I would say I like the red color layout a bit more. I really like the way your eyes focus from left to right around the edges and rectangles used. The words in yellow for "graphic design" a little hard to read because of the color. Maybe adding some kind of background shadow or something to make it more contrasty. Good job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Angela,
I'm really liking your second design with the warmer orange/red tone colors, I think it's a lot more welcoming and is working a lot better with the book imagery than the blue-ish purple color in your first design. I also really like how it doesn't go to the full edge of the page and that you have that border of color, it all is just working really well together. I'm looking forward to your final design!
JacklynYamine

Olive

Post by Olive »

Hello Angela :)

Your designs are really nice they give me a coffee shop/ Starbucks feel which is a good thing it feels like and academia aesthetic with the photography you've incorporated. I like the colors and type of the design with the brown-orange color but the layout feels more like a magazine than a webpage. Also maybe make your body type just a little bigger :D
\₍ᐢ•ﻌ•ᐢ₎*・゚。 Olivia Reyes ( ^..^)ノ

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Angela,

I'm digging your website designs and color. I honestly prefer the warmer tones, and it makes me feel like I'm at a Starbucks. The colder tones give off office vibes. The only thing I recommend is placing the TMCC logo at another place where it doesn't get lost or trying the white TMCC logo. Other than that this is great!
Kassandra Fuentes

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Angela,

I love the warm color palette you have going on your second concept. Super eye-pleasing. I don't know if you'll do something similar when you take your own images but I really like the idea of showing a working space like a desk as a background. It gives a very cozy feel. I love your logo too! very strong and clean. Can you make your body copy bigger and take up more space on the screen? Its competing with the background currently.
Kiana Bohm

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hello Angela!

I love this style for your website, it's very unique and stands out. The color palette you have is amazing. Your personal logo stands out and makes this composition work really well. Both of your design make me feel really comfortable and calm. Personally out of the two, I like your red composition. A suggestion I have is matching your icons on the side with the color of the "projects, contact, reference" links on the top. The TMCC logo is also a bit hard to see, so I think matching that with the color of "Graphic Design" would help it to stand out more. Awesome work Angela! Can't wait to see the final product :)
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Angela,
I like your first design over the second one, the warmer color pallet has a little bit of contrast issues that the blue one doesn't have. I like the font you chose and your logo looks really good. Looking forward to seeing your final design!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again