Project 1 Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Hamistani

Re: Project 1 Preliminary

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Katherine,
I really like the second layout! The background image gives the whole composition the perfect amount of color. I also like how balanced everything is. If it were me, I think the white stands out too much, so I would change the boxes to a darker gray, so they don't look out of place. Overall, great job, I am looking forward to seeing the final result! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hiya Katherine!

Wow I really love the background images you used! They have so much depth and they’re very detailed and interesting but they don’t take away from browsing your content. As for the first design, I think you could fill up the space a bit more, whether that be adding more text or making your profile photo and name a bit bigger. In the second one, I think I would just make the “Home” and “About” buttons a bit smaller so there’s margin and white space around them. Otherwise, both look really good and are very clean and organized!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hey Katherine,

I like your second design! The green leaves feel fresh white your white overlay on top. I think your buttons can be enhanced with maybe the shape of the leaves? Or maybe an oval, not sure but I think something like that might match more with your entire background. Nice job!
angela_gutierrezgapuz

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Katherine,

I would go with the second design. The use of the plant image is really good and fits well with the black that you have. The biggest thing that can make this design even better is playing with type and choosing different fonts. Maybe something expressive for your name? Like handwritten, cursive or a thin font for your name would be great. :D
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Katherine,
Very cool designs! I like the leaf one the best! the colors are so pretty and it looks very professional and easy to navigate. I agree with many of these comments about experimenting with more expressive type. I think it would really give it an even more personalized look to your website. Nice job! excited to see what cool things you add to your website!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

MatthewCS

Post by MatthewCS »

Hey Katherine,
I like your second concept with the leaves as your background, I think you should extend the border that has your name on it all the way to the edges on the left and right sides, I think that'll make the design look better. You could also make the border with the body text and files a darker color and make the text white instead.
Overall I agree with you that you can do a lot of experimenting with this concept and it's a nice job!
If you can't fly, then run.
If you can't run, then walk.
If you can't walk, then crawl,
but by all means, keep moving.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matthew Cortes-Segura