Final Project 01

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Kassandra

Final Project 01

Post by Kassandra »

Happy Friday!

I'm Kassie, and I choose my first website design for my homepage. Even though I liked the minimalism of my second design, I liked the geometric and fun style of my first design more. The inspiration for my design was geometric shapes and fun colors. The reason for the big diamonds towards the top was to help lead the eye to the center of the page towards my name and about me section. I created the top and bottom line to hold the body of the text, and to separate it from the bottom diamonds. I believe my homepage is easy to navigate, readable, has a good hierarchy, and is well balanced.

I found the bottom two links helpful because I have done more illustrator and photoshop work than website work and layouts. These two websites helped me think of how I wanted to layout my webpage and things I had to take into consideration to design a good page layout.

2 useful information websites:
grc175-website.png
grc175-mobile.png
Kassandra Fuentes

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Final Project 01

Post by Instructor »

Oh nifty! You went with the diamonds one.

I liked this design. Reminds me of a suite of playing cards with your image up there set up as the queen. I like the interaction of the diagonal whitespaces between the diamonds. They create interesting visual "alleys" through the whole thing. It looks like you've fixed the button issue. Your diamond buttons are nicely aligned and the text in them is centered with good margins. Glad to see it. They look much better. Makes your navigation super easy to see and use. Your bodycopy is easy to read and works well with your colors. For once I like a center aligned bodycopy. Probably because you center justified it. All the colors work well within the design. I believe it's a split complimentary scheme and that's why the are so copacetic. That butterscotch footer makes for a great capstone.

I'm not sold on the new headline type you chose. I thought the one on your preliminary version of the website was working well. The diagonal alignment of your email is slightly different than the diagonal edge of the diamond that contains it so it looks a little crooked. Your class information is not vertically centered in the footer.

Looks good! I think you chose the right one.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

I really like how you change the layout in your mobile design, having one of your top shapes be lower than the other one helps fill up the empty space nicely. Your color pallet is also warm and nice to look at. It looks really good!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Kassandra,
I really like the colors you chose. The body text and the text for the projects are very nice. I like the picture of you because it personalizes your website. I would change the font of your name to something bolder, and I would center the "GRC 175...". Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hi Kassandra,
Great color choice, I also like the picture of yourself. I would just recommend playing with sizing, the picture of yourself is cool and the sitting position works well but it is just too small.

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hey Kassandra,

I love the movement your design creates, since they are darker colors of a light background it's a nice bounce and your repetitive style amongst the shapes makes it fun to read through. I think you can add more "Oomph" to either the background or diamonds, I think it can help make it more dimensional! Great job can't wait to click through.
angela_gutierrezgapuz

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Kassandra,

you took an already strong design and took it to the next level using some simple changes. I LOVE the new font for your name. It's not only really cool but works well within your concept
Kiana Bohm

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kassandra,
I like what you did with this design! I love where you added your email and the font that you changed your name to is much more interesting. I also really like the color palette.
JacklynYamine

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Kassandra!

I'm really happy you went with this rough! I really like how you included the picture of yourself sitting in the diamond. Your color palette also looks great. Something I'm wondering is how you're planning on doing your navigation tabs when it comes to other pages, hopefully that makes sense. Good job! I'm excited to see your published website :)
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Kassandra!

I like the choice of the geometrical design and the color pallet. I agree that your old font for your name was better suited and I would align the bottom text with the rectangle margin. But overall I like it :)
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ