Project01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Mal-Festio

Project01 Final

Post by Mal-Festio »

Okay, so I made some of the suggestions and fixes I got from the previous critique. I did try having my gradient blue, and it did work, and it was more consistent. But I still liked the green more and thought the design could get away with one more color, and green is one of my favorite colors, so that is why I stuck with it, but I do appreciate the suggestion. Maybe I'll see if it can change between green and blue on the actual website, but I think it might be a bit too much, but I'll give it a try.

Informational Sites:
https://designmodo.com/design-type-photo/
This article helped me with how I should put my name and body text on an image.
https://designmodo.com/create-online-portfolio/
p1_final.jpg
p1_mobile_final.jpg
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project01 Final

Post by Instructor »

Hey! The Tahoe one. Nice pick.

Your background image is doing so much of the heavy lifting here. It's so well selected and I really like the way you built your layout around it. It provides most of the color and all of the detail. Your type is well selected too. It's rounded sans-serif natures works well with your photo. Nice use of different weights to create a hierarchy. I especially like the placement of the header and the bodycopy and how you use the bottom of the image and the top of the gradient to create a separation between the two. Almost as if each contains the other. Your navigation is easy to see and use. You've fixed the problems from your preliminary version. The photo no longer has a hard edge at the bottom and your navigation is not mashed together on your mobile layout. And, for the record, I liked the green glow.

After seeing the final one, I'm not sure I care for the italicized font in the footer. But that tiny nitpick is my only issue. The rest of it is excellent.

Well done! You should be proud of what you've created.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

I like the green for the gradient, I think it works nicely. It also fades from the picture really well too. Great work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Jordi,
I really like this layout! I like the background image, the colors, and the fonts you chose. I really like the gradient on this one compared to the preliminary; I feel like it blends in better. The only I would change is the italicized email and "GRC 175..." I like the font you chose for it, I would just unitalicize it. Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Jordi,
I think the green gradient is working well because the background image already gives you a perspective of going from sky at the top to the ground on the bottom and green continues to solidify the idea of being on the ground. I really like this image of Tahoe at night and how your menu items sit up there in the night sky.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Jordi,
Love it! The photograph is amazing and the colors you used work great together. The dark background against the white text is amazing contrast and makes the text easily readable.
Kassandra Fuentes

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hey Jordi,
I like your color choice and the imagery you used, it is simple but interesting. What really caught my eyes was the green you used at the bottom. Great job

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Jordi!

I'm loving this clean layout. I'm definitely liking the gradient a lot more now since you've blended out the black box behind your text, it works really well. I love the image of Tahoe you picked and how your colors work well with it. One thing that might be worth playing around with is moving the "I am" more to the left, or matching the width of your "I" with the long part of the "J," but that's just a super small detail I noticed. Besides that, everything is working together perfectly! Amazing job!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Jordi,
You have a really nice theme for your layout. I love the dark green used. The landscape is lovely. I like the layout of the computer design the most. The body copy on the mobile layout looks maybe a little large? Other than that I really like how it looks! Nice job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Jordi,
I still love your imagery and the nice contrast it gives your type. Your name floating in space gives the whole site kinda a 3D feel. I'm not totally convinced about the green gradient but I think your right in that your site can handle the extra color. And it is still mountain-ey. Good, clean work...well done!!
Kiana Bohm