Final Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Lemon_boi

Final Project 1

Post by Lemon_boi »

Hello, I'm Lin, here are my final website designs! I decided to fuse elements I liked from each rough and combine them to create this final product. I really loved the dark contrast especially considering how I like the dark themes for most webpages and apps. I integrated more texture and lines and type that created more of a flow. I changed the layout and composition of the elements to create more of a refined webpage that would be easier to navigate and look at.
Here are my webpages that inspired me:
https://digitalpresent.io/
This website really inspired me to keep the dark color scheme. I like their color scheme and use of type and how easy it looks to navigate.
https://smilte.qodeinteractive.com/land ... stwpdesign
This second website inspired me to play with more simple shapes and to focus on the fact that less is more. Especially when it comes to colors. The simple contrast of colors is enough to create a compelling image made of line art and that's one of the main visual elements I want to have on my website design.
webpage_final-01.png
webpage_final-01.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1327 times
mobil_final-01.png
Lin V. :)

estrellau

Re: Final Project 1

Post by estrellau »

Hi Lindsey,
wow !!!!! :shock:
amazing I love this design I like the different elements you added all those shapes and the butterfly or is it a moth? anyways it looks so nice
I also like the colors you chose
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

mtvo

Post by mtvo »

Hi, Lin!
I absolutely love your homepages. The composition is very beautiful. The handwritten font works very well with the organic lines in the background. The choice of lotus flowers and butterflies is very representative of what you like too. The red, black, and white color scheme creates a bold contrast that's eye-catching but not too agressive. I also really like the size and placement of the art Overall, it feels a bit organic and abstract which is beautiful.
a foodie, lover, and an optimist (most of the time lol)

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

wow, Lindsay. This is super cool. I like your hierarchy and your use of typography. Everything is very easy to follow. I think you did an amazing job. It will be cool to see this finished.
gclouser701

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Lin,
Love your design! Great use of color, great contrast, great hierarchy, and I like the idea of including the circular email icon in front of your email address. Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

I like how you used overlapping, opacity, and texture in your design. It all works nicely together. Looks great!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice! I really liked the black, red and white one and I'm glad you went with it.

The thing I noticed first in the significantly upgraded hierarchy on this final version. It easy to parse the important bits of your type just at a glance. Typographically you've made some major strides as well. I especially like the use of the much bolder script type for your name. You've also enlarged the brushstroke line underneath it to further add visual interest. You slightly bolder and larger bodycopy is much easier to read as well. Your layout shifts are also very strong choices as well. Emphasizing the moth and the flowers gives us something pretty to look at and balances your type out nicely. The moth wing/topo map background pattern does a great job of leading the eye counterclockwise through your computer layout, stopping on each content highlight. On your mobile layout it's clockwise. Everything shifts nicely on your mobile version and yet it's obviously part of the same website.

The navigation is still a little faint and the thinner lines underneath each of your buttons are not quite bright enough to catch the eye. Your title is a little too close to the flower on your computer version.

This is a really striking design and you should be very proud of what you have. Well done.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Lindsey,
This design is awesome! I love the line use in this design and the fonts you chose. I also think the color scheme is very appealing. I love red and white on black. It looks very clean and professional. I would move the red oval that is under "video" down a little bit, and I would possibly make the font for the navigation bar a bit bolder. Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Lin,
I love your illustration imagery! The whole design has a very nice flow to it, as well as great contrast with the red, black, and white. I can't wait to see this as a live site. Great job :D
JacklynYamine

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hi Lindsey,
I like how your illustrations attract the eye, all the elements in this website work together and complement each other. Nice job