Project 01 Final Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ItsAllisxn

Project 01 Final Critique

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hello everyone!
My name is Allison and here is my final for project 1.
Although I liked my first preliminary designs, I felt that they weren't personal to me and felt a little too basic. With my new design, I kept the paper cut theme I had for my preliminary critique and added the City of Reno as well. I have lived in Reno for most of my life and have grown to appreciate it. It's so cool how we have a mix of city life and nature. You can be in the city for half of your day, and drive an hour out to explore Lake Tahoe for the other half. With my design, I integrated the use of drop shadows and used a split of complimentary colors. I kept my original typography from the preliminary critique in my layout. At some point in the semester, I'd like to create a drop down menu from the "project" tab.

Website 1:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/4302990 ... ustrations
This website really inspired me to integrate the paper cut design choice into my website. I love the visual depth it creates, and I find that it makes for a more interesting composition.

Website 2:
https://www.orbitmedia.com/blog/web-design-tips/
I used this website for tips on how to create an effective website.
Artboard 1 copy 3.png
Artboard 2 copy.png
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Krueckl

Re: Project 01 Final Critique

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Allison,
I love you design. It looks amazing. I love all of the colors you used and the Reno theme. I really like the way you used curves in the design for the background. Overall your whole layout is so creative. It is easy to read and fun to look at. Great job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Okay, that's cool. You've added depth to your topo map look and, as if that wasn't enough, added in a fantastically detailed, almost glowing city of Reno. It's like a rosette on a baroque guitar. The gradients in the City of Reno make it look like a sunset reflecting in all the buildings and add a visually captivating splash of color. Speaking of color, nice use of spit complimentary colors. The blues, teals, purples, and oranges work well together. Your navigation is easy to see and use and almost points at your logo. Good use of margin throughout. Nothing feels too fragmented. Your typography is working well too. You're doing a good job at establishing a hierarchy here and I like your font choice. It compliments your logo nicely and gives the whole thing a modern, future-looking feel. It looks like something that would be on the wall of a design studio.

The only thing that I see, that I didn't ctach in all our emails is that the margin between your bodycopy and the bottom of the white container is a little tighter than the margin between your logo and your top bar. Other than that, it looks great.

That is an impressive improvement. Well done, Heather!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

estrellau

Post by estrellau »

:shock: !!!!!!
awesome I like the image you added from the reno city the colors I love it looks retro very cute.
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Allison,
I love this design! The image of Reno looks fantastic and presents what you are going for. The colors couldn't go better together, and the fonts are perfect. I love the logo and the arrangement of this layout. Both the mobile and computer versions look great! If I had to change one thing, I would move the "GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Sping 2021" and the TMCC logo over to the left just a little, so it's not so close to the edge. However, such a little change to this amazing design. Great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

Did you draw this in illustrator? That's really cool. I think you made a damn good website. it will be cool to see the final version.
gclouser701

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Allison,
WOW!! Your design is AMAZING! Great choice of font, color, and the vector are sooooo good. Can't wait to actually see it published :)
Kassandra Fuentes

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Your color are so pretty and your city looks so so good. I like how the shape cuts into the white part and you have really good depth, it's fun to look at. Great job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Allison,

No you DIDN'T! Your design is amazing. Your illustrations are beautiful and dreamlike and have so much feeling to them. And your color choices are spot on. Wouldn't change anything except the teensy tiny alignment and spacing of your email next to your name. Can't wait to see what else you come up with
Kiana Bohm

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

:shock: This is so cool. You took it way up a notch from the first critique and it looks awesome, I don't think there is anything more to change or mess with. I really like how everything becomes nicely centered on your mobile page.
JacklynYamine