Final 01

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
hannahp

Final 01

Post by hannahp »

layout01_web_175_hkp.jpg
layout01_mobile_175_hkp.jpg
For my finals I went with my first designs as it seemed to be the favorite and it was my favorite as well. I tried to make the text more legible and made the graphic as a background pattern to hopefully make it a little more cohesive. I couldn't decide on a major graphic to add so that may come later on but for now I'm happy with the outcome. I think it easily and simply gets across all the information required in an appealing way and also a way that represents me via color scheme and overall design choices, such as my name design.

two website I found helpful were:

https://www.behance.net/search/projects ... time=month
https://medium.com/@Vincentxia77/beginn ... 6c01b8c0c2

Both gave either visual examples or thoroughly explained elements that were important to include for a personal portfolio which helped because this website is essentially that.

estrellau

Re: Final 01

Post by estrellau »

Hello Hannah,
this design is so cute :o
I like how you have your name in 2 different fonts and on top of each other it loos cool and the colors also work well together.
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Hannah,
Your design is nice. It is clear and easy to find all the information needed to navigate. I think that making some kind of boarder around your bio might also look nice! Good job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

Hi Hannah, your design isn't bad. If I were you I would change the color of the typography. It kind of gets lost on the pink background. Just something to experiment with.
gclouser701

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Hannah,
This is a nice and easily navigatable website design. I love the two different colors and fonts for your name. Did you try incorporating the cursive font on hello? I think that would be a nice touch and add a little more character to the website. Great job![youtube][/youtube]
Kassandra Fuentes

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Interesting. You removed the flower and added in a background wallpaper.

From what I can see the biggest improvements come from your type and your navigation. Your justified bodycopy almost makes a shape in the middle. Your stacked serif and script typefaces for your title make for a great effect that I'm glad to see continued here. All your fonts are well chosen and work well with the look and feel you've established. Your navigation has also been subtly improved by the slight expansion of your buttons and the addition of some rounded corners that soften the buttons up and make them work just a little better with your pastel color scheme. That pastel color scheme continues to work well, being just light or dark enough to establish a little contrast. I like the addition of the Victorian-style flowered wall paper. Makes me think of a sewing room or something. The whole thing feels like a spring day. Very refreshing.

But I liked the flower image. :cry: Also, the left edge of your class info is still a little tight against it's container. Your class info is a little tight at the bottom as well (the mobile version is better here).

Nice effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Hannah,
This looks very nice! I like the double fonts for your name, the colors go together nicely, and the floral background is very nice. I would change the color of the typography to something darker or change the background color to something darker because the text gets lost in the background. Another thing I noticed, is you're missing the TMCC logo. Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hi Hannah,
Your webpage is so soft and inviting. Your color choices are great, I would only play with the blue you used for the body type because it does get a little lost in the pink background, other than that nice job.

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hey Hannah,

Glad to see you chose this layout! I enjoy the background of flowers and pink, it feels like a nice backdrop to your text. There is a little extra space to the left compared to the right, (website layout). Also, I feel like your name could be bigger! I think my eyes are trying to decide whether to read your name first, but so is the top navigation bar. Other than that I enjoy your name logo and the colors, awesome job.
angela_gutierrezgapuz

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

I like the background you chose for this, it reminds me of a wallpaper I would find in animal crossing. The over lapping of you name with the different fonts and colors looks really nice too. I think you could make it a little bigger in your web version. Looks great!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again