Project 1 Final Critque

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Anayik

Re: Project 1 Final Critque

Post by Anayik »

Hi Heather,

I love the clean and modern yet casual feel of your site. Also, I can't get over how much I love the marker-ey effect of the script font you used for your name! so cool, and works well with the line art style of your design. The only thing that catches my eye is on your monitor version your girl is facing away from your site, like she's looking away from all your hard work! I wonder if the design might feel more complete if she were facing in, as she's definitely your most important element. Super fun site :)
Kiana Bohm

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Heather,

I really do like change to the mustard yellow, it brightens my day and it make the design look fun. Probably because it's with black that it reminds me of bees in the summer so it goes well with the shades of the illustration. font choices for "About Me" and the body text really go nicely with each other and I think you should also consider use them on the rest of your text as well.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

I think you reached a good medium between simple and detailed with your layout and drawing. It has nice contrast and I like the yellow. Great job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

TStone711

Post by TStone711 »

Hi Heather,

I just want to take a moment and say WOW your design looks amazing and I think that you did a wonderful job on it. I like the easy navigation but as well as the type and colors that were used in your design! Can't wait to see your website!

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Heather!

This is such a hip and cool design! This is perfect for a personal website, it really gives a feel for your personality before I even read the text! I think my only critique would be the font for the body copy, it's just a bit hard to read. Other than that super small issue though, this design is so fun and overall its really aesthetically pleasing, awesome job!
-Kendall Mann

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hiya Heather,

Your layout is great! I personally love mustard yellow (maybe all yellows honestly haha) and it really pops with the rest of your layout being in black and white. I do think that some of our projects end up being parts of one whole bigger project (from what I’ve seen but don’t quote me on that haha). Anyways, with that said it might potentially end up affecting your navigation bars and links and you might just need one navigation bar altogether. It’s not a huge thing to change but just something to think about in the future. Otherwise everything looks so great.
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Heather!

I truly like this design! I love the outline of the hipster girl you have and I think your font and text style decisions are functioning admirably together. I particularly love the textual style with your name, I think it truly ties in with your design. The mustard color works really well here! :lol:
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hi Heather,

I really enjoy the simplicity of your two designs, it feels very modern and professional at the same time! Your illustrations also does the composition wonders and helps balance out the layout you had established. I also like your choice of colors for the website's color scheme, it reminds me of bumblebees due to the similar hues (P.S. your choice of a darker yellow was a good call, and really ties in the design of the website all together). Lastly, I think you did an amazing job for this critique and your final designs satisfy all the requirements for this project. Overall, great work!

Meghna
Meghna Misson - student

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Heather,

I love how it invokes creativity and really gives a sense the you're a designer. It looks so professional and clean. Awesome job!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

dearangela

Post by dearangela »

Hey Heather,

Love the pop of yellow! Feels nice with your white background and black/white illustration. One thing I can suggest is maybe completing the girl's arm on your website layout? I think if it were a bit longer it will look really nice, great job!
angela_gutierrezgapuz