Project Three Prelim

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
ItsAllisxn

Re: Project Three Prelim

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Mai,

Great work on this redesign. It looks much cleaner and has a nice grid layout to it. I'm personally a fan of your first layout. The tints of blue gives for a more interesting composition, and works well with the white. The image layout is also very interesting to look at on the home page and the news page. The web layout transfers really well to your mobile layout. My only tiny suggestion is to trace the Facebook and Instagram handles and make them white on the mobile version and blue on the web version. Awesome job!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Mai,

Wow what an improvement! I love how professional all of your layouts look and how you decided to match Yale's original style. I'm leaning towards your first design the most because I really love how you've distributed the imagery and the type just really fits everything really well. Very nice job. Excited to see your final!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Mai Vo,

I really enjoy seeing how minimalistic and clean your work always is, but it's really clear that you're thoughtful in the font and color choices to really tie everything together.
I especially liked that you incorporated Yale’s logos and style. It does have that professional feel, especially with the use of the dark blue it makes the overall layout definitely feel like a university. Everything is organized, easy to navigate, and the photos really help further the purpose and story of Yale.

I am leaning towards the second set but mostly due to typographical reasons. The "School of Arts" in the first design feels a bit awkward so maybe you could play around with that and how it can interact with the main logo.

Otherwise, all is great and can't wait to see where your design goes!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Mai!

Your designs are so clean and professional! I think I like the first one a bit more because the color and layout works really well together. The only thing I would suggest is maybe spacing everything out so it scrolls. It's just a bit crowded right now. But other than that small thing, these designs are so cool, it screams Yale which is something that's definitely lacking with the first website haha!
-Kendall Mann

aka_fefi

Post by aka_fefi »

Hi Mai,

I think your first design is really strong, it looks clean and professional like the website should look. Both are great but I would go with that one.
Stephanie Serpa

Everything I know about web design is from ~*myspace*~