Project Two

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
Krueckl

Project Two

Post by Krueckl »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... ne-rueckl/

Here is my project two. It is not where I would like it to be and I will definitely be editing it more for the future. Took me a long time to even just get to this point!
:) KATHY RUECKL

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project Two

Post by Instructor »

Hey, this came out well.

It's your use of transparency that stands out to me. Just by making a few layered tags semi-transparent you give this layout such depth. And it all works so well with your well-chosen soothing background image. I also like how you've integrated your colorscheme with your image by sampling colors out of it. Really locks everything together. You also use alignment really well to make contained areas that don't exist I especially like that matching left edge between the text in your "Home" button and your bodycopy. Those kind of edges really tickle me aesthetically.

I'm not sure a serif typeface was the best choice for your bodycopy and navigation. Aside from that it looks pretty darn good.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Katherine,
Great job on your website it looks amazing! I don’t know how you achieved the layered effect with your boxes, but it works really well with all the greens.
Kierann O'Hara

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

I like your Navbar a lot! The only problem with it is your type totally disappears in the background. If it was changed to something else it would work so much better.
gclouser701

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Katherine,

Looks to me like you've got it pretty much figured out, despite saying it's not finished. All of your imagery is in there, your bio, and all of your links work. Not to mention your fonts showed up to the party which took me forever to figure out. And your layout looks good, overall I'd say it's strong work for a first website.
Kiana Bohm

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

The transparency came out nicely and your navigation looks great too. Great work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Katherine,
I understand your struggles, but it turned out great! I'm loving the colors you choose for when you hover over the navigation bar and your box transparency is on point! I noticed you had two contact me at and your email, so just get rid of one of those and adding a transparent box underneath your text so it can stand out :). Overall, I'm loving it and it's working :)!
Kassandra Fuentes

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Katherine,
This looks great! I love the color scheme and the transparent squares! I really like the way your website is laid out, it looks very professional. The rollover on your navigation buttons works very nicely. One thing I would change is the font of your body copy. A font that I love to use is Lato. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kathy,
This came out really nice. I love your use of transparency on the background image and the rectangles behind your image. I also love that script font you are using on your name. For your navigation, I think you could continue that bar across to the other side of the page so that it goes behind the image of yourself, and I think you should lighten the yellowish brown color you are using on your buttons so that there is even more contrast with that darker color. Your body copy is great in the white color but is a little hard to read, I'm not sure if it's because of the size or the chosen serif font, but in general I think it could be like 5 points bigger or so, as well as getting a tighter paragraph so it doesn't go on so long before reaching the next line, also think about adding more space between each line. I think that would help fill up some empty space in the middle and free up your margins.
JacklynYamine

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Kathy!

I totally understand what you're saying, I definitely overestimated what I was going to be able to do with code before I actually started lol! But I think you should be proud of this! The colors are beautiful and you've got rollovers and really cool positioning and fonts, I think you did an amazing job on this, especially with what we've learned so far!
-Kendall Mann