Project 02 final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
jacklyn_yamine

Project 02 final

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... yn-yamine/

Here's the final design link! I am so happy with how it came out, but if I can figure them out, then there are still a few tweaks that I would like to make.
JacklynYamine

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 02 final

Post by Instructor »

Oh, this thing came out super well, Jacklyn.

You've discovered what I like to call one of the dirty secrets of web design. If you make a super simple layout and then let your imagery and colorscheme do all the heavy lifting it still looks attractive, but it's very easy to build and works well across a lot of different devices. This one proves it too. It's pretty damn liquid and takes a while to break down. Your background image looks great. I think the shade on it turned out really well too. It kicks just enough of the detail back that your text content stands out. Speaking of the text, good job importing in your outside font. It's subtly different and adds just a touch more visual interest. The colors you selected work well with your image, too. Your footer makes for a great framing device, as does the header above. Speaking of the header, good use of alignment to make a "header" that isn't really there. You even remembered a page title!

My only nitpick with it is that the left and right margins in the browser window seem a little tight. Otherwise this thing's golden, at least until I teach you guys responsive design.

Great job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Jacklyn,
I love your website, it looks so pretty! The way you darkened the background and kept the text white translates so well on a webpage. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Jacklyn,
Your website looks wonderful. It fits the screen perfectly and is well organized. It looks just like your original design. Your font looks great and you got the TMCC logo in there too! Good job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

This is amazing. It's beautiful and the overall design is so clean, modern, and beautiful. It looks really good. I love how well your colors work. Absolutely beautiful.
gclouser701

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Wow! Your site came out exactly like your design. It's so nice and clean to look at. Great job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Jacklyn,
This turned out great! You nailed it in making it look like your project 1. I would only suggest aligning the footer text and logo to either the right or left. It looks a little of where it's at right now. Other than that, this is great!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Jacklyn!

You did a great job applying your project 1 design to this website! I really love all the imagery and the roses and font colors you chose are just so warm and pretty to look at. I think you did a really good job on this, awesome website!
-Kendall Mann

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Jacklyn,

Super well done! I opened your website on a tab that's half size and a tab that's full size and your website looks great in both formats. Good job on the hover interaction with your tabs. Overall looks cohesive and is really pleasing to look at. Great work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Jacklyn,
This looks great! I really like how this came out. I really like your buttons when you roll over them. The only thing I see is the gray transparent doesn't cover up all of the background image, and the "GRC 175" isn't centered. Besides that, it looks great!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)