Project 02 UPDATED

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
dearangela

Project 02 UPDATED

Post by dearangela »

Hey everyone,

Here is an update on Project 2, still some tweaks to do but I'm happy I have caught up to it now and started to get the hang of it!

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... gutierrez/
Last edited by dearangela on Thu May 06, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
angela_gutierrezgapuz

Krueckl

Re: Project 02

Post by Krueckl »

Hey!
Sorry I am not able to see your site from the link you provided.
:) KATHY RUECKL

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Angela,
I'm also unable to see your website.
Kassandra Fuentes

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Angela,
Unfortunately the link still did not work.
Kierann O'Hara

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Angela,

I'm able to see your link. First of all, I really love the color palette you have for your website. Your logo is awesome and I love seeing the different tints. For some reason, your imagery and your body text is really far down at the bottom and I have to scroll a bit to get to it... Once that's moved up though, this will look really good as your preliminary did. Great work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Angela, I definitely see where it's exploded on you here. I think it's that huge empty <figure> tag that's wedging everything open. Rip that out and it'd get a lot tighter. Also, if you want to have images on top of text, use background-images fed in via CSS. Put your type in a properly sized <div> tag and put your wonderful reading image in the background. Then you can put whatever you want on top of it. Also, you put your entire website up in a folder. This makes it difficult to access from the class website since the link to your website is pointing at your student folder rather than any folders within.

That being said, some of your preliminary design does show through. Your logo, your font, and that magnificent colorscheme are all there. In fact, the colors do so much of the heavy lifting now that the website still doesn't look all bad, you just have to scroll a million miles to reach anything. Your image is great as always, immediately providing warmth and depth to your website. It's almost like a little reward for all that scrolling.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Angela,
Your color palette is awesome! I also really love your logo and your font choices. I also really like the color choice you chose for your rollover navigation buttons. I really struggled moving things around too, and right when I thought it was right, when it was published, the images moved. There's definitely a learning curve. I would try moving your image up, and I would make your "Graphic Design" a different color because the white blends in with your background. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Angela,

This is a very challenging project and I definitely struggled quite a bit, but your colors, imagery, and logo are all very nice. I think it'll all look great once you're able to fix the spacing.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

The colors are looking great so far, great start!

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Angela,

Hopefully you'd be able to get fixes working by next time, I understand that this can be difficult to understand how it work. Aside from from that, I think you did a good job bring in some of your major elements like your logo amd imagery. It think maybe your body text should be a bit bigger, I think there will still be a lot of the background image visible.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo