FINAL project03

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kendall_the_mann

FINAL project03

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi everyone!

Wow... so this was a lot lol.

Despite all the general confusion and frustration I am legitimately so proud of myself for at least comprehending responsive design enough for this website to look good on my little laptop screen! That's all I wanted so I'm very content :D

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
https://www.sundancebookstore.com/

Here's my finalized website for Sundance Books and Music! (and the original below for comparison) I hope it looks good on your screen, I know some places are wonky (I could not for the life of me troubleshoot my way out of the Reading page footer looking like... that, and in some places in between the responsive design gaps it doesn't look great) but overall I really am so happy with the final product! I can't wait to see everyone else's!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and gets a little coding break :)
-Kendall Mann

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: FINAL project03

Post by Instructor »

Hey! This came out really nice, Kendall.

I especially like the header. It looks like an old advertisement you might see on the side of a streetcar. And the old yellowing paper background color really pushes the theme of old books without needing to some out and say so. Good selection on your photos, too. They do a good job of summarizing and showing off the place. Your whole site is easy to navigate and I have not trouble finding my way around it. Your inner pages shift to their own design without losing the front page branding and do a good job of information conveyance. The whole site is nicely responsive too.

Your text clips off the right side on smaller resolutions. At some higher resolutions photos on your inner pages clip off the left and right sides, especially on the Music page. I also think the type would have looked a little better if you'd matched it's font to the one you used in the header.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Kendall,

Nice job, you placed your imagery really well in here, I like how big the images are too. I dont know if their logo already has that nice bumble yellow in it or not but its really pretty and eye catching, and comforting like I would expect a book store to be.

I think you could get away with making your nav buttons a bigger font size since it's a pretty minimal design.

That's all just design stuff though, looks to me like you've got a solid handle on the technical aspects of coding (look at those buttons!!)...no small feat.
Kiana Bohm

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kendall,
This came out really nice, and it looks great on my screen as well :) I like that you stuck with the yellow color scheme as your background throughout the entire site and I think it's very cool that you were able to link in an actual calendar for the events page. I also really like that instead of having a Home button to return to the main page, you made the logo a return home button, though I will mention that I think you forgot to add the link destinations to the Reading page. Great job!
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Kendall,
I really like your website and how easy it is to click around it! And your footer with all the social media links is a great idea. I would only change the Home page type by putting it in a box so that is feels more contained. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Kendall,
Love it! Even though you didn't include your navigation bar throughout the pages, it still works because you made the logo clickable to direct you back to the homepage. I would go back and make the navigation button text bigger because right now the body text on the main page is bigger than the buttons. Also, for the Music page, I would right align or left-align the text. Other than that, this looks good!
Kassandra Fuentes

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Kendall, You site came out really nicely! I think your events page is my favorite. I like that you added the calendar. The only problem I'm having with your site is that sometimes the hit boxes for the navigation overlap so it can be hard to click on the right link. Great job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Kendall,
This is really good! I love the upper logo on your home page and the image choices. I love the music page! Some text does move on the album though. This website is very easy to navigate, and I really like how there are buttons for the bestsellers, future gems, etc. I would change the navigation bar text color to white. This looks great, good job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Kendal,

Great job, it looks great. The layouts of the music and reading pages are great. One thing that is off too me is having the body text in you Unbound page being bold.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Kendall,

Super awesome job here! This website looks wayyyyyyyy better than the original, yet still keeps similar elements that doesn't completely deter from the company's vision. It's so cool how you have so much information! Great use of the videos and imagery with the space given. And you added an interactive calendar?! That's awesome. Nice touch on the social media links for your footer as well. Super awesome job here!!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)