project 4 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
it's_crysta

project 4 prelim

Post by it's_crysta »

Hello,

My idea juice is low with the end of the semester coming but I came up with two layouts that I like. They're both kinda dark mode with the backgrounds and colors. I used illustrator to help me find color pallets that go with the tmcc green. On my first design I'd like to match up the colors on the nav bar to match up with the colors in ga&mt, is it possible to do that?
Attachments
web_overview_01.png
web_classes_01.png
mobile_overview_01.png
mobile_classes_01.png
web_overview_02.png
web_classes_02.png
mobile_overveiw_02.png
mobile_classes_02.png
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Anayik

Re: project 4 prelim

Post by Anayik »

Hi Crysta,

I really like your first design. I love how playful the program title is. It allows you to keep the rest really simple and straightforward. Maybe you could try making your header, either white or TMCC green with a white logo. It might be too much but could be a nice extra splash of color
Kiana Bohm

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Crysta,
I really enjoy your designs they are very unique! I think I prefer your first design because of the colors you chose for the text, they look really good together. The only thing I would change is to add an image maybe of students or the school so it’s more TMCC-y. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

estrellau

Post by estrellau »

Sup 8-) ,
I like how playful these look, and I also like how you chose different colors other than the tmcc green. The layout is also easy to navigate so niiiiice!!!
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Crysta,
These look great! They're playful but professional. I like your first design more. The colors you chose go great together, the fonts are very easy to read, and it looks easy to navigate. I think that an element that your first design is missing that your second one has are pictures. I really like how you have the image in your second design. Lastly, I would change the TMCC logo color to a different color like the orange you used in the text label. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well, you've managed to formulate two pretty good designs out of the last few drops of your Idea Juice, Crysta. I prefer your first one. It's has a lurking zaniness that I find intriguing.

I really like the splsh of color in your page title. It instantly draws the eye and demands the user pay attention to what's so colorful. I like that you took those colors and used them in your rollovers and other little touches throughout your design. Really locks the whole thing together. Good choice on the font too. It's almost vibrating. Feels like a construction paper cartoon. The rest of the layout is super clean. You've used margin well. Everything has room to breathe and is uncrowded and unhurried. Nice bodycopy and nav as well. It's very clean and legible. You've also provided just enough contrast to be visually interesting. Good work with your alignments as well, I can ee the "edge" of your home page content area without there being an edge visually there at all. Your design seamlessly moves from computer to mobile, too.

The big thing I think it really needs to shine is some photographs, preferably of students doing design work, student art, and maybe an establishing shot of the campus or two. They don't have to be enormous. Some over in your content area will do. If you feel like you need to go bigger you can use the image areas in your second design for inspiration.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Crysta,
Nice job on both of your designs. There are things that I like better than the other. I like the bright colors used on the first design because they really pop out at you. I also like the way you used squares in the second design to add depth. It makes it more interesting. I like the hover effect for the navigation bar as well and the font chosen. I'm not sure crazy about the colors. I think it would be fun to experiment with some lighter colors because it will change the mood of the design. Nice job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Crysta,

Great job on both of these compositions! The first thing that really pop out to me on both of them is the type that you used for "Graphic Arts & Media Technologies." I how you played around with the type colors on the first concept, yet I also like how you're planning on incorporating some images for the second concept. I think maybe adding a mix of both of them somehow would work really well. The layout looks awesome and the colors do a great job popping out of the background. Awesome job!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Crysta!

I think I definitely favor your second design. I think it relates more to tmcc specifically than the second one, but is still fun like the first one so that it still has that artistic feel. I also really like the layout and the shapes you used towards the bottom, it's very unique! Awesome designs!
-Kendall Mann

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Crysta,
I like your second design, but would definitely play around with adding the colored title from the first. I love the little detail of squares floating around and how you have them on your homepage as an added detail to the square image. I also like how you've used the green and orange color in your navigation with the bright lime green being the highlight color.
JacklynYamine