project 4 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
estrellau

project 4 prelim

Post by estrellau »

Hello :ugeek:
here are my roughs, I wanted it to have some tmcc elements, like color and stuff.
Attachments
phone-page_2.png
phone-home_2.png
page-computer_2.png
home-computer-2.png
phone-home_1.png
phone-page_1.png
home-computer_1.png
page-computer_1.png
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

IzzyB

Re: project 4 prelim

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Estrella,

All of these working versions are very strong and really resemble the feel of the actual TMCC website! I think if you went with the first one I would make the body copy bigger because it is a bit hard to read. The second design seems more like a government website for some reason, if you go with this one though, I would add a background picture for the top banner or something to make it less flat? But you have a lot of good information :D
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. You know, I'm not usually a fan of the TMCC lime, but here it works well as an accent color. Nice job making it work, Estrella.

Of the two I like the first one better. It really stands out and has great punch. I like your idea of big background photos to establish each pages topic. And having them be different on the mobile and computer versions is especially brilliant. Your semi transparent content boxes work well. They're just opaque enough to protect your content, but allow your well chosen background images to shine through. I also like the way you use TMCC's lime as an attractive color; to draw the eye to critical things you want the user to see and/or interact with. Your type is clean and easy to read. It also looks like your design should have no problem collapsing into mobile as needed.

I'd think about having different background images on your different pages. Maybe some of them express the creative nature of the program better. The campus shots are very pretty and having a couple as establishers is great, but you also need to show some of what the department get's up to as well. On your main nav make sure that it's wide enough so that the text on each of your buttons is one line. Also make sure that all your sub navigation button type is the same size and that the buttons have the same bleed. It get's really tight on your computer layout and the text changes size from button to button on your mobile layout.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Estrella,
I really like your first design because the background image adds a lot of interest. I would make the buttons a little less transparent so they stand out a little more, but besides that great work!
Kierann O'Hara

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Estrella, I like your first design the best, the pictures really make it. I also like the navigation on the side of the screen. I think you should make your type bigger though, it's pretty small. Other than that great work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Estrella,
I really like your first design! It is easy to follow along and is visually appealing. I enjoy how you used the TMCC green, I found it difficult to use. This has a nice spring look to it. I would make the body copy a bit bigger, and I would add more images. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Estrella,
I really like your first design with all the text over the big piece of imagery of the actual campus, though the rectangles they sit on could stand to be more solid, their opacity is too low and transparent, making the text harder to read. You use the TMCC green really well as an accent color. Your body copy could be a little bigger and your headers could be much bigger so that they stand out a lot more, I barely noticed them as they are now.
JacklynYamine

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Estrella,
I think that your first design is more exciting to look at. Both layout designs are really well organized and easy to navigate and red. I like the first one because of the imagery and transparent box you used. I think that it is good that you used TMCC colors to stay with the TMCC theme. I don't love or hate the italicized font on the buttons but, I'm also not sure it needs to be italicized? I would try adding some more detail like maybe a boarder or something to add to the aesthetics of the layout. Nice job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Estrella!

I love your first design so much! The photo you chose for the background is so pretty and really draws my eye. I think your second design, if you incorporated the same imagery, would actually work really well as an inner pages design! I think both of these are really cool, nice job!
-Kendall Mann

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Estrella,

Your two concepts look really good, they are have great layouts. The first one i think is the best one because the vibrancy and/or colorfulness of those background images look amazing and their compositions are also really good. I think maybe you should make the body text size a bit bigger.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo