Project04 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
jacklyn_yamine

Project04 Preliminary Critique

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi guys,
Here are my roughs for this project. There are some things that I personally do and don't like about each design, but couldn't think of anything else at the moment to change it to something better. The inner page for the second design with all the images going across the page, those images won't necessarily be on the other pages, it's just how I wanted to break up info on this particular overview page, but the image at the top and the footer info will be on each page.
Home Page-Desktop-20.jpg
Home Page-Mobile-20.jpg
Inner Page-Desktop-20.jpg
Inner Page-Mobile-20.jpg
Home Page-Desktop copy-20.jpg
Home Page-Mobile copy-20.jpg
Inner Page-Desktop copy-20.jpg
Inner Page-Mobile copy-20.jpg
JacklynYamine

Anayik

Re: Project04 Preliminary Critique

Post by Anayik »

Hi Jacklyn,

Your concepts are both beautiful. I love the second one best, you chose really great imagery and its placement is very enticing. I love the use of white space with all that TMCC green. Your information is laid out really well too...super strong
Kiana Bohm

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Jacklyn,
I think I like your first design more, the layout is easy to follow and I like how you put a darker overlay on the images. The only thing I would change is maybe adding more TMCC’s colors in, like adding the orange to a button or something. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Jacklyn, all your websites this semester have been laid out so nicely and this is no exception. All your roughs look very professional. I do think that your second one starts to look too busy with all the pictures and type laid over the top of them. So I pick your first design as my favorite. Great work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

I love both of your designs. It is so hard to choose which is I like best. I like the second one because you used an abundance of photos. It emphasizes the student life at TMCC. The feel and the theme is very appealing and makes me feel like this program is student friendly and welcoming. The photos add brightness to the page as well. Everything is laid out beautifully and is easy to read. I like the navigation also. Looks great!
:) KATHY RUECKL

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Jacklyn,
You have two really strong designs here. I think you could choose either, but with that being said, I really like your first design! I think it is clean, easy to navigate/read, and uses images nicely. I really like where you used the green, but I would add some accent colors throughout the design. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, I like what you've done here, Jacklyn.

Your first one is especially strong. My favorite little detail is how the "Tracks" box clips into the header photo. That adds such a neat little bit of visual interest and it keeps the layout from succumbing to terminal boxiness. Don't think I didn't notice the icons either. You had too much fun with those and it shows. They look great. Your layout looks like it's basically a single page scroller and you've done a great job using layout and contrast to delineate where the "pages" are in your scroller. Given the way you've set up your imagery and contrasting color, TMCCs green actually doesn't look too hideous, which is high praise indeed. Good use of margins on everything. It's all got room to breathe without fragmenting. I like that you have the student artwork being the most colorful artwork there. It really grabs the eye once you get down to it.

Add a bit of extra line spacing to your bodycopy. Make sure the spacing between each of your buttons in your main nav is equal. It looks like "Faculty" is a little further away than the others. I'd play around with some common alignments of your content to really lock the composition together. Maybe make all your page content have the same left and right edge on your single page scroller.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Jacklyn,
Both of these layouts look amazing. Great how all of the information will be layed out. It hard to tell which one would work best so its really up to you. I do like how the mobile pages of the first concept look.

Maybe for your body text in your computer layouts, have some of the green in some of your text or some green elements. Just so the body isn't just black and white. This only just a suggestion, it still look great.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Jacklyn!

I really like your first design! I think the colors you chose work really well together and because you have scrolling I think the spacing and layout of your first design works better. The blocks you use help to keep everything separated compared to your second design. Great job!
-Kendall Mann

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Jacklyn,
You've made it so incredibly hard to choose! They're both really strong designs, but I think I'd have to go for the first one. You've arrange the text in a way that it helps guide the eye and without making the website look busy. The overall feel of your concept is very professional and welcoming. I think you did a really nice job! Can't wait to see your final design
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧