Project 4 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Kassandra

Project 4 Prelim

Post by Kassandra »

Hi everyone,

Below are my project 4 ideas. I'm liking a few things but some things I'm not liking as much. I'm having mixed feelings about these designs. Let me know your thoughts :).

Version 1:
project04_v1.jpg
project04mobile_v1.jpg
project04_v1courseofferings.jpg
project04mobile_v1coursofferings.jpg
project04_v1studentwork.jpg
project04mobile_v1studentprojects.jpg
Version 2:
project04_v2.jpg
project04mobile_v2.jpg
project04_v2courseofferings.jpg
project04mobile_v2courseofferings.jpg
project04_v2studentwork.jpg
project04mobile_v2studentwork.jpg
Kassandra Fuentes

Anayik

Re: Project 4 Prelim

Post by Anayik »

Hi Kassandra!

I really like your first concept. It's super clean and I love the gradient overlays. It feels very modern and professional. If you're feeling like you're not in love with it yet, maybe try playing with a slightly more expressive font for your different headlines and titles. Could be a game changer...not too much though, you have a good thing going here. Also, give all of your type a little more padding in their containers and it might really pull it all together. Good job!
Kiana Bohm

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I like your first one, Kassandra. So light and airy!

I like the absolute dominance of your photos. You are letting them speak more loudly than any of your content. A good choice in my opinion. I also think the photos you chose were very strong. Many people went with campus photos, but you went with photos of people doing design work, something I've been telling a lot of other people to include. I also like that your photos are super bright. They make the composition bright and exciting in spite of TMCC's awful pea green. I really like the layout. It's very Bauhaus grid geometry. You're little your photos do the heavy lifting. Good! Your inner page multi-column layout is a strong way to present information and each block of info has an illustrational photograph! Well done! Your type works well too. The sans serif is clean and forward looking and your justified type makes for some clean text blocks. Your navigation is easy to see and use, too.

I see a gap in the middle between your button sets. Perhaps a good place for a TMCC logo? Widen your pea green box a bit to give the type some left and right margin. I think you can get away with vertically shortening your green box as well. I would not use ... quite so much ... of TMCC's awful pea green in your layout. Maybe make the header a dark gray or a black. On your emphasis page, the blue in your label type clashes with the pea green content boxes. Maybe make each content box and it's attendant label type a different color that goes well with green (red, purple and orange or similar)?

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Kassandra,
I like your first design, the layout is set up really well and everything is easy to read. The only thing I would change is making the bottom of the image on the main page less white, it takes away from the navigation up top. Good work!
Kierann O'Hara

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Kassandra, I like your first layout the best, I think it's laid out nicely. I do have a bit of a problem with the transparent green that over your pictures though, on the student gallery page. Maybe put a border around them instead? Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Both of your ideas look nice. It is hard to choose between the two. I think I like the first one the best. The way that you laid out the pages and put the boxes of the the course descriptions next to one another looks really nice and professional. You get a lot of information at once but it's not too much at all. I like that you can see it all when you open it up like that. The color choices are good too. It definitely appeals to the TMCC vibe. The background picture choice works also because you used people working on computers and doing graphic design.
:) KATHY RUECKL

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Kassandra,
I like your first design here! I really like the spaces between the photos and the way that your student work is arranged. Your site is very visually appealing and is easy to navigate. I would use another color for contrast, and I would add the TMCC logo. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

mtvo

Post by mtvo »

Hello!

I also really like the first concept. I agree with professor's description of "light & airy". It's refreshing since the current TMCC weebsite is full of contrast. Your layout and concept is much more relaxed.
a foodie, lover, and an optimist (most of the time lol)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kassandra,
Your first design is really nice with the way you use the white gradient, especially on your inner page with the different tracks and it allows for the image to show but also for the text to legible. I like the darker blue you chose for the text. I too like your choice of imagery, with the subject being actual graphic art work rather than just of the campus and student life.
JacklynYamine

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Kassandra!

I really like how your two designs are looking! I think the layout and imagery you use are really cool and that they work well together. I think the only thing I could suggest is maybe adding in more writing, especially descriptions for the art pieces, but besides that these are great designs, really good job!
-Kendall Mann