Project 4 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Krueckl

Project 4 Preliminary

Post by Krueckl »

Here is my project 4 preliminary. I stuck with the TMCC colors for the most part. I made one layout with a photo background of TMCC and another with shapes to add a design theme. I wanted the navigation to be easy to read and stick to the university theme as well.
Attachments
studentwork_02psd.jpg
studentwork_02.jpg
mobile_02.jpg
Computer_02.jpg
mobile_studentwork.jpg
Computer_studentwork.jpg
mobile_01.jpg
Computer_1.jpg
:) KATHY RUECKL

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 4 Preliminary

Post by Instructor »

I like your first one better. I think it's the layout combined with that cool geometric background. That background really is a cool pattern. An interesting pentagon shape with accent lines to crank up the visual interest. Pretty good sue of contrast as well. Your black is really playing well with your tints and shades of green. I especially like that black footer. It acts as a capstone to the rest of your composition. Nice choice centering the logo like that. It makes for a great initial focal point inn your design that the eye can use as a staring point and then cascade down the composition. Good work examples as well. It helps show the students the kind of things they'll be working on and that TMCC will teach 'em to do if they work hard. Your type does a good job establishing visual hierarchy. Your navigation is easy to see and use. The desin moves smoothly from computer to mobile with minimal disruption.

I'd recommend doing the header in a dark color, perhaps gray or black or a dark shade of your page colors. Maybe with a white or light tint of your page color logo. I also don't think you need a light colored box behind the logo. Also, try using a different color than the TMCC pea green. Or maybe have the home page be pea green and switch colors from page to page within the website, leaving the background the same pattern and layout for commonality. The left and right margins between the text and the edges of your buttons is a little tight. In fact, your background's light enough, I don't think you'll need buttons. I think just the text on your background will be plenty visible. You can probably make your bodycopy container a little more transparent too. Maybe try a sans-serif body copy too?

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Kathy,
I think I prefer your second design, it looks very traditional and the layout flows really well. The only thing that I would change is the texts gray background and make it whiter so that your website is a little brighter. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Kathy,
These look great! I prefer the first design. I really like the geometric background you have! I also like how your student's work page looks. This looks professional, is easy to navigate, and is easy to read. I think I would make the header bigger, and I would get rid of the background behind the header. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Kathy, I really like the pattern in the background in your first design, it's more unique than a picture for it. I do like how your navigation is set up in your second one better though with the darker header, I think if you implemented some of that into your first design it'd look great. Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kathy,
Your first design is awesome with those pentagon shapes in the background, I don't think I have seen anyone else do something like that with this project. You have such a nice big header with the logo in the center and the simple search bar in the righthand corner, giving you so much space that I think you could fill it with a little more information, like a phone number or simple call-to-action button to get people to apply to the school right away (I realize you have the phone at the bottom already). I would like to see some imagery other than the student work, maybe put some images into a couple of the pentagons with the green color over it so that they are very subtle or very visible (and if you do this keep the other lines, they are very cool additional pieces of visual interest).
JacklynYamine

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Kathy,

You have very good concepts here. I really like the background you have for the first one and the second has a really nice navigation. Yeah I agree that you should remove the background on the logo and maybe use the white variant of the logo instead.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Kathy!

I really like your first design. The background is so soft and easy on the eyes and works very creatively with your text boxes. I think the contrast you did with that as well as the colors you chose works really well. Awesome job!
-Kendall Mann

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Kathy,

You've go two really cool designs and it's really hard to choose. I like the homepage of the first one and the creative feel it has to it. The second one has a super sleek feel to it, but it just has a lot of text on the homepage that could be distributes differently. Both are nice and I'm excited to see which one you decide to choose.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi ashy,

Both design are fun and organized and well laid out. I honestly prefer the second set as I like the imagery you used for the background. The only thing though is that I’m not a big fan of the yellow font, I think the serif style is strong, but I think its dimension and color feel off compared to there rest of your layout so maybe play around with those?

Otherwise, everything is clean, easy to navigate, and easy on the eyes. Nice work!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."