Project three preliminary!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
cheyanne

Project three preliminary!

Post by cheyanne »

My first design is colorful, expressive, and a little vintage-inspired by still pretty modern looking. I'm not too crazy about the green background, I'll probably change that. I plan on putting everything in a transparent page container so the content moves but the background is static... if that makes sense. My inner page looks a little ugly but I wanted to get an idea of how much space the program overview page will take up. I'll probably put all that text in a scroll box or something more compact.

My second design is more straight to the point. I wanted to focus on typography and color. I see a lot of graphic design program websites that look so flashy and I wanted something that looks aesthetically pleasing without unnecessary elements. After doing some research I found that websites with really large type tend to stand out and grab the attention of the viewer. My inner page is one of the instructor pages. The main instructor page will either have a list of names or some thumbnails.

Layout one:

Layout two:

For the instructor bios I'm going to use ridiculous pictures instead of accurate ones to make it more interesting ;)

sktlz1965

Re: Project three preliminary!

Post by sktlz1965 »

Def like the second one! LOVE THAT LOGO, where did you make that???? haha JK Jk I think the second one is dynamic and has Cheyenne written all over it! :-) I like how more and more we are all developing our own "styles" of design, and you can begin to see it and pick it up throughout projects.

Faith
"Design is simply thinking made visual"

R3YNO

Post by R3YNO »

Definitely the second one, it has superior imagery and type compared to your first!

cheyanne

Post by cheyanne »

Oh yeah the second one is way better, I made it first then realized I couldn't make anything cooler so I just stuck colors I like into another layout and called it good. eheheh I am excited for this project and I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!

In other news, does anyone know how I'd get that text to wrap around the logo? Does html have text wrap that can go around a curve?

trisa_lunstrum

Post by trisa_lunstrum »

Definitely like your second design better, try using a manual return in lieu of text wrap

artgalstyle

Post by artgalstyle »

The second one is way more fun. Get crazy can't wait. LOL

Laramie

angelraiders

Post by angelraiders »

Your second one is a lot more polished and more visually interesting than your first design. I like the idea of not using the actual pictures of the instructors should be hilarious.

Alaxvong

Post by Alaxvong »

I like the second design more. The first one communicates soccer to me some reason. Try scaling down your navigation. It's an important element, but impossible to be dominated because people will always look for it.

thusers

Post by thusers »

both are good. the first one is my favorite.

jenny_snaza

Post by jenny_snaza »

I actually like the first better. It is cleaner and easier to read (which might be good for the content)...though you have to put the beard pic in.