Meet Tyler!

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
TylerOath

Meet Tyler!

Post by TylerOath »

Hello everyone!

My name is Tyler Michel, my "stage name" is TylerOath. It's been my username since I was a kid and I've just stuck with it.

I am enrolled in TMCC's GAMT program and I have aspirations of being a graphic designer and creative director in the near future!
Graphic Design has been a part of my life for as long as i can remember. I was never a fan of the usual sports, i just picked the one with the coolest logo.

I was more drawn to art, music and skateboarding. My high school years were full of as many art classes as i could take and drumming in marching band. Skateboarding took a backseat for along time, i realized i loved the rebellious culture, history and the art behind it more than the bruises and concussions...

as i got older, i leaned more into drums. I got the chance to go on the road and tour the US and Canada with a country band called Restless Road (not a huge country fan, but it was an awesome gig that took me all over). After I got married in 2020, i took a step back and decided the road life isn't the best for a successful marriage. So i started diving into design head first... and I am loving it so far!

If anyone is interested in my work up to this point, I've got a website with my portfolio on it: tyleroath.com (no, i didn't make it myself... i used square space, but that's why I'm excited to take this class!
William Tyler Michel

Emily-Hudson

Re: Meet Tyler!

Post by Emily-Hudson »

Hi, Tyler!

Another drummer/graphic designer, rock on! I'm excited to see your work this semester!!
Emily Hudson Image

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Meet Tyler!

Post by Instructor »

The coolest logo indeed! Welcome aboard Tyler. We've got a bunch of musicians of various flavors this semester. This is going to be fun! I'm excited to see what your skate-influenced design aesthetic does with the projects in this class. I always love seeing interesting solutions to the problems I present. If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to hit me up via Canvas or email. See on on the forum!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173