Project01 preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Chloe_(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Project01 preliminary

Post by Chloe_(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ »

https://www.w3schools.com
https://www.vistaprint.com/logomaker/gallery

For my websites, I found one that provides website templates and one that teaches you how to code. I was trying to get inspiration from the templates on Vista Print and I also wanted to see how a website was styled around teaching coding (w3schools.com). I also just went to Google Images and looked at several portfolio home pages to get ideas.
Attachments
Purple theme
Purple theme
forest theme
forest theme
forest theme
forest theme
purple theme
purple theme
Chloe Hull

I came. I saw. And I forgot what I was doing.

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project01 preliminary

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! I like the forest theme version you've got going here, Chloe Tableflipper.

What really pulls my eye to it is the visual texture of the whole thing. That's an excellent background image selection you've made and your colors and effect work well with it. I like that you've taken a basic modular building blocks layout and brough visual interest to it using well selected colors and imagery. Your headshot is similarly complimentary of the aesthetic here. You've even done a bit of playing with the color on it to seamlessly blend with the presentational space here. The purples, mints, and greens really work well with the green fog of your forest picture. I see lots of thought throughout this design. One of the advantages of a modular layout, as you're seeing here is that you can easily rearrange it based on the output display of the design. Your navigation is easy to see and find, thanks to your icons and your type works well with the mysterious forest cabin aesthetic you're going for here.

Your bodycopy doesn't need to be a wall of unreadable citation text legalese novella though. I'd recommend chopping the bodycopy down to about a third of what it is and making the font several times bigger. Give us a chance of reading it without having to magnify my browser like 4x. I'd also use the white TMCC logo. TMCC's hideous green clashes with your colors and aesthetic that you've established here.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Chloe_(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by Chloe_(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ »

I will definitely trim that paragraph down and blow up the text. They are just place holders, as I haven't written my paragraph yet. Also will absolutely change the TMCC green.
Chloe Hull

I came. I saw. And I forgot what I was doing.

Lhart

Post by Lhart »

Hi Chloe!

Both are very cool schemes.

Personally, the forest theme is more well laid out!

With a real description instead of the placeholder text, and a small bit of spacing below, everything will. fit super well.

I like your face being front and center, and options to contact you below.

The file system is interesting and I want to see what youll do with it
- Liam Hartman :mrgreen:

david_wolstenholm

Post by david_wolstenholm »

Hi Chloe,
Both of your designs are really good, but for me, I like the Purple theme. It seems a little more fun to me, the use of colors is really good and contrasts well, the split background with contrasting colors I think works well and brings out your headshot. I like your use of file folders for the navigation and everything, to me seems to work well together. Except for that hideous green TMCC logo.
David Wolstenholm

luciyote

Post by luciyote »

Hi Chloe! I love your designs with both layouts, but I think the forest theme is more appealing. Also super creative of you to use file folders as link icons!
I agree with everyone else on that TMCC logo, the green stands out too much on both designs. Awesome job, Chloe!
Lucio Guerrero Image

rebekah_stevenson

Post by rebekah_stevenson »

Hi Chole,

You have great designs. The first has a good use of different shapes and a variation of complimentary colors. The second one has a good use of unity with the icons being the same color. The forest one is a little dark and the purple boxes blend in the background. I would suggest using a little lighter color for that so help it pop.

Overall great work,
Rebekah

shasta_the_masta

Post by shasta_the_masta »

Chloe,
I love the dark themes you used. I like all the typefaces you used, but I LOVE the curly font in the purple theme which has your greeting and name.

I agree with Michael that you can use the white TMCC logo instead of the green, unless you use the eyedropper to pick the green TMCC color and incorporate that color in your design more intentionally. I think either design is great and will work well.
~ Shasta Mori ~

Luke_Nelson

Post by Luke_Nelson »

Hey Chloe!

I like your first design the most. I think that the forest in the background is a good touch. It really helps to set a unique mood for your website. I also like that your picture is so big and fills up the space nicely. I think you may need to make your body text a bit bigger. As it is right now, it's a bit hard to read. I also think that the placement of your navigation buttons could use a little tweaking.
Luke Dakota Nelson

Perchy

Post by Perchy »

Hi Chloe!
I really like the vibe of your designs! They have a bit of spook while also having really fun pops of color! I don’t have anything to really critique other then mentioning that I like the pop of your name in the purple them but the vibe of your forest theme and would love to see how it looks putting them together to make a noticeable pop in the design.

Have a good evening!
Thanks,
Percy Ames