Project 1 (preliminary) Jenny Breitrick

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
jennybreitrick

Re: Project 1 (preliminary) Jenny Breitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Thank you so much for your great feedback Rebecca! My handwriting I have been told by all people that it is so small to read :shock: I write as small as a six to seven if I had to accurately describe it on Microsoft word :lol: but I like your idea and I will see if I can somehow blow it up so that you don’t need a magnifying glass to read it. Thanks again.
jenny breitrick

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

Hi Jenny,
I am liking the way you designed the first post with the dandelion because it causes the users eye to travel "through" the design. I also like the original artwork you used on the second design. In my opinion I think that your first design is less flat and that you should push that one further if you are going to be adding anymore to your files.

-- Justin Hubert
Justin Hubert

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Jenny,

I really like both of your designs. My favorite is the second one. When I look at it my eye goes straight to the your son Lenx, then to the inspirations section kind of like a clockwise motion. Maybe instead of having red background for the links you can add some of your drawings as background images and using the opacity to make the images fade into the background.
Great Designs!!!
Maria Nunez

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

hi Jen! both of your designs are great. personally i like the sec on vercion better. The picture of the child atracts my atention.
Jose nunez

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

Hi Jenny, I like the filmstrip frame on your first design it's a cool idea. the second one is probably more eye catching because of the strong contrasts and the photo. I would say you could go with either one
Mark Pederson

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Wow Jenny,

Neither site is ordinary. You have nice layouts, not sure about navigation (hotspots on the type?). You have definitely made 2 nice starting points.

Jeremy Winkler
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Jenny,

I enjoy the artwork from both layouts. I think the second layout is stronger in the sense of color and design (I think the dandelion creates great rhythm). I would stay away from using too many boxes and let you type create its own shape and spacing.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Jenny.

On the first one, I like the simplicity of your three color choices and I really enjoy the film strip edges too. I think it's organized well and the shading on your boxes is eye catching. I'm honestly not sure about the sketches in the background though. It makes the whole layout seem so busy, and I think it may detract from whatever copy you put in your boxes. I'm afraid I'll be trying to read your copy and find myself getting distracted by the pretty pictures. Maybe try just having that one sketch behind the mother on the right, because they go so well together, and see how it looks. Because of your fonts on everything else, you might want to try snazzing up the "GRC etc." line at the bottom too.

On the second one, I really like the darker color choices with very minimal and eye-catching white, and I absolutely love the one bold picture you used. It's clean and neat and it draws the eye immediately. The shading on the boxes and the stylistic elements you put on the dandelion pieces are all well-done. I'm not a huge fan of how very red the text is, compared to the boxes; maybe darken it a little so it doesn't burn the retinas quite so bad. Also, if you're planning to use white text in your boxes, I'm a little concerned that the text will blend into the dandelion pieces, so you might need to adjust something there. And maybe move "inspirations" specifically into that box instead of having it hang over both, just to clearly define between the two.

Personally, I like the second one best! And you're right, Hi-Fructose has some really interesting art in it.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Great work Jenny, your second design cough my eye right away, I don't know why because both are really good designs but I think the image of the baby blowing those petals have a tender feeling in it. Also you have a good use of contrast.
Martin Aranda

kvonarx

Post by kvonarx »

Both of your designs are very cool. The layering of the separate images creates a lot of depth.