Cristina's Roughs for Project One

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Siri

Cristina's Roughs for Project One

Post by Siri »

Hello everyone! Cristina here, and the following are my two roughs for our first project. One thing I knew I wanted to include for sure was some of my photography, since I've really taken a liking to it since taking a few courses here at TMCC. I also went with two roughs that seem drastically different from one another, but I hope they convey who I am and some of my interests anyway. An aspect I wanted to aim for was subtle hints of a playful attitude, hence the circles popping from rectilinear shapes in the first rough and the small bits of color amidst a serious looking layout of the second rough. The first rough I still can't seem to get right, it feels a little empty and like things are floating for me. Issues I have with the second is that it might seem too cramped, and it did take some messing around until I was satisfied enough with the positioning of various elements. So any input I can get on either or both would be much appreciated!

Inspirational websites:
http://soworldwide.org/
http://kaalam.free.fr/
Attachments
proj01prelimcir_cs_005.jpg
proj01prelim_cs_001.jpg
Cristina Sánchez
| cristina_sanchez@mail.tmcc.edu
| Having the time of your life.

jennybreitrick

Re: Cristina's Roughs for Project One

Post by jennybreitrick »

Hello, Christina
I am loving both of your roughs! If I had to pick my favorite it would be the high contrast black and white one. This rough has amazing balance to it! And your use of occasional color, is terrific too! The top design I love the colors and picture bubbles you used, but it seem too confined in the middle of the page. I think that the bottom rough is more relaxed and flows freer. Good job on these!
jen
jenny breitrick

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

Wow, Cristina that first design looks as professional as any site Ive ever seen. very impressive
Mark Pederson

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Hey Christina,

I like both of your concepts, and how different they are. I like the black one for its graphic qualities, but the "175" isn't working for me.
The color blocks and circles has a different quality, I can't give you any helpful feedback.

Great job,

Jeremy Winkler
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

Second one!! Love it! The teal 7 gets a little lost, but everything else looks great! Good job Christina!
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

love BOTH of your roughs! in choosing one of them, I would go with the second one. very sharp and dynamic. love, love, love the image and the use of sporadic color. good designs!
Donna Harn

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Hi Christina. I really like your layouts and I think they both will work very good for this project. I thinks that several people already have that black and white style, you should go with your first design which is more unique and looks gorgeous!
Alexey Makovskiy

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

i like the black website the banner is awesome however the quote on the first one seems almost to good not to use
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

Layout number one is your winner. Simple shapes, great flow and and perfect colors.
Dustin Hill

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Cristina,

I'm feeling kind of torn, because I really do like your black and white layout, however several people are leaning in that direction with their own websites, and it's starting to feel like a universal design. I say be original. Your first layout has a nice use of color and shape, but your photos are way too small. If you have a photo that can take center stage, like your b/w design, but do it in color, I'd say that's a good way to go.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com