project 1 layouts

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
campbell_mckeogh

project 1 layouts

Post by campbell_mckeogh »

index_04.jpg
index_01.jpg

late to the party :oops:

rmosley

Re: project 1 layouts

Post by rmosley »

I definitely like the first one "CMYK". I feel like its easier to read than the bottom one. The bottom is way too busy, too much to look at for a homepage.
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

Siri

Post by Siri »

I agree with Rachel, and am favouring the first one. If you want to make the second one work, I'd recommend making the background image smaller so it doesn't fill up all the visible space, and you'll want to keep in mind that these pages might be seen on a large monitor. Also, try playing around with the positioning of the three images on both and see what else you can unearth.
Cristina Sánchez
| cristina_sanchez@mail.tmcc.edu
| Having the time of your life.

campbell_mckeogh

Post by campbell_mckeogh »

The back ground photo will take up the whole screen no matter how big or small, the navigation and inner divs wil be within the 960pixel div and the photos represent divs that will hold more info, I will update it all more clearly thanks for the insight! !

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Both layouts are very nice. I like the idea that all images are big and viewers attention goes right to the images.
Alexey Makovskiy

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

I can almost see you using the image of you on the right hand side and scaling it up without the background and using just this image…maybe put a color overlay on the photo (not necessary though). Both of your headers are very strong! Then use the images of your next projects as the images for the navigation buttons…
good job though- love your images.
jen
jenny breitrick

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

i like your first image for designers it seems to mess with our heads to write cmyk instead of cmck which is a really cool thing to play with love it.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

The cmck/cmyk juxtaposition is a neat idea and definitely catches the eye. the images floating over the black and white scene works for me as well
Mark Pederson

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Campbell,

The CMCK is totally clever, and I like the concept a lot. The K is looking a little forlorn and out of balance though. How about putting the K in a black box and reversing the type so the K is white? Maybe you could push it even further, and use printer's marks like registration or color bars somewhere in the design? I think it's a neat idea to tie print to the web like this.

I think the only finishing touch it needs is to put the TMCC stuff at the bottom of the webpage. It'd be nice to tie in those CMY colors at the bottom, to unite the design.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Great job Campbell,

I like the first layout better, the CMCK has that something extra going for it. I like your focus on the art, with your navigation above and small.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln