Project 1 drafts (from Nicole Medrano)

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
OliviasMama12

Project 1 drafts (from Nicole Medrano)

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Ok so here is what I have so far for my project one drafts. for the first one I chose to use a fairly neutral background with a crosshatch sort of style/pattern, since I use crosshatching a lot when I draw I thought it might be kind of fitting : ) I staggered the links on the left side of the page in the same sort of zig-zag pattern to unify it with the zig-zag in the background pattern. I used previous classes' work for my imagery on the upper half of the website and the lower half, although I'm worried that the imagery "competes" with the body copy too much, and the viewer might not know where to look first...

The second draft I did is lighter with complimentary colors blue and yellow. Because I have a background in fine arts and experience painting, I chose to have the link buttons be styled as picture frames, and within the frames I intend to have imagery of my upcoming class work as I complete it. I personally favor this design over the previous one because I feel it seems less cluttered and has a stronger concept, however feel free to weigh in on both designs- feedback is very welcome and appreciated!!!

Thanks for looking!
Nicole Medrano
Attachments
The second draft I did is lighter with complimentary colors blue and yellow.  Because I have a background in fine arts and experience painting, I chose to have the link buttons be styled as picture frames, and within the frames I intend to have imagery of my upcoming class work as I complete it.  I personally favor this design over the previous one because I feel it seems less cluttered and has a stronger concept, however feel free to weigh in on both designs- feedback is very welcome and appreciated!!!
The second draft I did is lighter with complimentary colors blue and yellow. Because I have a background in fine arts and experience painting, I chose to have the link buttons be styled as picture frames, and within the frames I intend to have imagery of my upcoming class work as I complete it. I personally favor this design over the previous one because I feel it seems less cluttered and has a stronger concept, however feel free to weigh in on both designs- feedback is very welcome and appreciated!!!
for the first one I chose to use a fairly neutral background with a crosshatch sort of style/pattern, since I use crosshatching a lot when I draw I thought it might be kind of fitting : )  I staggered the links on the left side of the page in the same sort of zig-zag pattern to unify it with the zig-zag in the background pattern.  I used previous classes' work for my imagery on the upper half of the website and the lower half, although I'm worried that the imagery "competes" with the body copy too much, and the viewer might not know where to look first...
for the first one I chose to use a fairly neutral background with a crosshatch sort of style/pattern, since I use crosshatching a lot when I draw I thought it might be kind of fitting : ) I staggered the links on the left side of the page in the same sort of zig-zag pattern to unify it with the zig-zag in the background pattern. I used previous classes' work for my imagery on the upper half of the website and the lower half, although I'm worried that the imagery "competes" with the body copy too much, and the viewer might not know where to look first...
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

rmosley

Re: Project 1 drafts (from Nicole Medrano)

Post by rmosley »

Nikki! I heart your amazing talent, and your face. And your cutie pie lil girl! Anyways. I love the second draft. Its easy to read. The yellow and teal in the background help direct my eye around. Its very well balanced, and as you state, less cluttered. I would maybe use a different image for the Paint Pallet, it seems a lil cheesy, like clip art. The type you used for your name, works so well. Knowing you, I can see this design best.
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Nicole!

I like your first one best. I really think maybe some of your art would look great in the picture frames. I like the feel of it, it feels very artistic, like you! :)
Donna Harn

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

I do love colors, images and simplicity of the first one. Looks so cool to me.
On the second one text is kinda hard to read and with all those elements it looks a bit busy (for me)
But I like your happy picture on the second one ) Maybe you can put it somewhere on the first design.
Alexey Makovskiy

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Nichole-
I love both of your roughs! I think the first one has great potential once we get an image to put into the picture frames. Instead of the paint pallet up in the right hand corner, I really kind of want to see an image that you have created…that way we see you though your art work…you know? Great job though!
jen
jenny breitrick

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

both designs are solid but personally i really like the idea of the picture frames holding your websites it seems like a really good idea though idk how they will look once their that small so possibly making them larger?
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Nicole - Yeah, it's no contest, the blue/white/yellow design is so much stronger than the other one. In fact, it's so good, I only have one thing to suggest. Your "about me" paragraph is stretching across the bottom a long way. I'd recommend turning that into two columns instead.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

I really like the colored brick patterns on the first one, it would be cool to see your art inside those picture frames and maybe your portrait bigger
Mark Pederson

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Nicole,

I agree with you, the second one is easier to read and less cluttered. The blue and yellow work well together, and I like the idea of putting some of your work in the button frames.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Nicole,

The yellow and white layout is my favorite. Its cleans, organized, and easy to navigate through. My suggestion would be to maybe change the typeface used for me personally its little hard to read. I can't wait to see the final result. :D
Maria Nunez