Project #1 roughts

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
rmosley

Re: Project #1 roughts

Post by rmosley »

I really like the first one. The div container that will be holding your type is protected well against the busy background you have. The negative image in the middle, works very well! It directs my eye to the buttons on the side and the lines connecting the two direct my eye back to the body type. Flows well, good job!
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I love the first layout, the color choice was spot on. Layout two does a great job with giving the sense of motion. I wish they would move if you clicked the links.

Good Job!
Dustin Hill

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Jose,

Great work!! I like the second page better. As far as graffiti is concerned, it looks more cohesive. The splash and the fonts work well together, and the colors are well chosen.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Mel.

On the first one, I love the color scheme and the shape you used as a container. It's shaded perfectly to give a hint of the background but still make it easy to read the white text. Your logo is also really well-made; interesting enough that my eyes keep tracing over it. Honestly though, I'm not a big fan of the guy squatting in the middle. He looks like he was thrown in just to take up space. Kind of the same thing with your email address, in that it feels like an afterthought and has no real place. I think it would look interesting if you were to take those elements out and stagger your links in that section of your container. Having them lined up so neatly on the left like that seems to take away from the inherent chaos of the graffiti splatters in your background.

On the second, I really enjoy the water/bubble/cloud design you've created for your text and links. It has a more artistic flair that works well with the elegant little curlicues in your background. I also love the orange bars you've used, because the contrast of colors works really well. That said, the purple of your logo and that awful yellow/green color that TMCC uses don't seem to blend as well. The "Inspirations" bubble also looks like it was just thrown on there because it has to be, so incorporating that better into the design would be nice. And I like the way you've staggered the alignment on your copy, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that as well when you're working with HTML, so I'm not sure how your text is going to look in that big cloud area.

Personally, I like the first one better! And I tried to look at the 3D Technical Graffiti site, but it kept giving me a server error. Bummer.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Estupendo trabajo Jose, I'm fascinated with your work. And I agree with everyone else about which one to choose. But I came to the conclusion that I prefer the first design because has more symmetry in it, and its easier to navigate. I think you have a great potential as a graphic designer and I'm excited to see more of your work.
Martin Aranda

kvonarx

Post by kvonarx »

Jose, nice concepts! I really like the first with the silhouette of the mountain climber. Great color and contrast.

Siri

Post by Siri »

Jose, I have to say that I'm also leaning toward the first one out of the two. You have a variety of different shapes going there, but they manage to work together to bring to whole composition together very well. While I also like your second one, the text gets very lost against the background. Perhaps consider a semi-transparent background for the text to rest upon? I think trying to pull out the text so it's more legible would be very beneficial to it.
Cristina Sánchez
| cristina_sanchez@mail.tmcc.edu
| Having the time of your life.

ekfulton

Post by ekfulton »

Hi there: I like both of your designs, I especially like the graffiti concept. And since you mentioned your love of creating typefaces, I'm wondering did you created the typeface used on the buttons? Its really a great button typeface, and even if you didn't design it I like the look a lot. Also, I like the background images that you've used on both designs. And I like your use of gradients - really adds some nice depth to the designs. I'm trying to figure out something to offer you in the way of suggestions for improvement but I cannot find anything that I think needs improvement. Really, you've done nice work here. I'd choose design two -- I think it has slightly more going for it that design one. Overall, very creative and pleasing designs. A.
E.K. Fulton
ekfulton@gmail.com | 775-298-1515 mobile

freem110

Post by freem110 »

I really enjoy the first one! It has a the grungy style while maintaing order and hierarchy. Well done!
Brian Freeman

vhg0717

Post by vhg0717 »

Great work!!! I like the first design. I feel it has good balance, and it projects the "grafitti" theme. I do agree that the TMCC logo is a little difficult to read, but other than that, I would go for it with this one.
Victor Garcia