Jeremy's roughs for project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Landsknecht

Jeremy's roughs for project 1

Post by Landsknecht »

Hey there, been trying to think of what to say, so I'll just put up what I have and think some more....
the dark site, so much black you can just turn off the monitor
the dark site, so much black you can just turn off the monitor
more color, different layout and fonts
more color, different layout and fonts
my "inspirational" sites were hard to pick, everything out there is just starting to look the same, different colors and pics, but it's a bland template world or something...
http://www.aardman.com/ is the producer of some of my favorite animation, and it will have to do for now.

Obligatory (Jeremy Winkler) so I get credit :) :)
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

Alexey M

Re: Jeremy's roughs for project 1

Post by Alexey M »

I really like your first design, which is black. I think first one represents yourself way better then the other one and it looks more kinda "serious" and make me feel that this is designer I would like to trust =)
On the second one, I m not sure about typeface, looks kinda cartoony, but colors are nice.
Alexey Makovskiy

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Hey Jermey
Cool roughs! I think that the first one is my favorite….I was wondering, have you tried cropping the image of you a little tighter…just so that your being “artsy” with your face…but if not it still looks great!
jen
jenny breitrick

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

Hey Jeremy, nice work. I think both of these work well, I maybe prefer the second one just because it's more playful
Mark Pederson

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Jeremy.

On the first one, I really enjoy how everything lines up so neatly and how the background lightens the black of your body box. The choice of background is also good, because it draws my eye without being overwhelming. I think you could take out the highlight on your link boxes though, or at least lessen it. It bleeds too much into the words and my eyes are just "no! cannot compute!" So maybe just a hint of highlight, versus half of the box.

On the second one, I also enjoy your background and how the colors blend together. It's kind of the same thing with the first one, where it draws my eye without being overwhelming. And the contract between the bubbles of the background and the rectangles of your copy boxes is nice. But I think you're not using enough of the purple from the background; all of your boxes are blue, so maybe play around with getting some purple in there so it heightens the background. Also, "Jeremy Winkler's" doesn't line up in the highlight in your title, which keeps drawing my eye in a not necessarily good way, haha. Lastly, your link boxes being white seems out of place. Maybe you intentionally did that to make them stand out, but I'm not sure it works with all of the rest of the color. One thing I think might be interesting is if you make their background the same color as the highlight in your title.

Personally, like the first one better!
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Jeremy,

I think I prefer the first layout and design best. It has a more professional look and the actual structure of it is neat and clean. The colors, black and white, also give it that nice, simple, and sophisticated look of a professional portfolio site. nice job! :)
Donna Harn

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Your first design reminds me of an iPhone, all sleek and shiny, and that's probably why I like it the best. You could add a few, judicious pops of color, but it honestly works as a pure black and white too. I think it'd be interesting to see how far you could push it, and really tie it into some kind of technology. I'm seeing lots of boxes with rounded corners.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Jeremy,
Both of your design are very interesting I like them both. But I'm leading more towards the first its more organized. Its easy to navigate and it has professionally look and feeling to it. The one thing I would change would be the color of your picture. Make it the vocal point and make it pop out. Very cool designs! :)
Maria Nunez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

I agree that the first layout is smoother and the use of black really unifies the design. I think adding a well thought out graphic element (like a silhouette) somewhere on the page could give it a nice focal point.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I would go with layout one but give it something that really makes it pop. If you want technology go for like a red buttons or a dial for the navigation bar instead of the current one.
Dustin Hill