Project 1 Layouts

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
donnalouwho

Re: Project 1 Layouts

Post by donnalouwho »

hi juan,

i love that you used bold colors in both your designs. i think i am partial to the red only because as i clicked on it, it was the first thing my eye went to. i do love the layout of the orange one best as far as your page structure goes. good job on both, can't wait to see how it all turns out. :)
Donna Harn

ekfulton

Post by ekfulton »

Hi~

I think both designs have alot going for them. On design one, I like the layout and especially the graphics -- very well done. I also like your color choices. The only suggestion I have is regarding the paragraph text. Using all caps and a serif typeface is really hard to read. I'd suggest changing the typeface to a sans-serif one, and using regular upper/lower case. Other than that, nice works on this one.

On design 2, again the graphics, while different from design one, are also very strong. I like the pink bars for the background too. Same recommendation about the paragraph text as in design one. Also, I'd make the '175' with the same attributes as the 'GRC'. Another cool design overall here.

If I had to choose, I'd go with design number one, I think its the stronger of the two designs. Very creative work here. Nice job.
E.K. Fulton
ekfulton@gmail.com | 775-298-1515 mobile

Siri

Post by Siri »

Hey Juan, while I'm liking aspects of both designs neither one seems to be blinking as the uncontested winner. I do like what you have going with the first one, but the letters surrounding your face seems to be really throwing me off in comparison to the straight lines and geometric shapes of the rest of the layout. I'd say stick it in a right alignment, the font already works well enough for it.

As for your second design, maybe make the colour of your photo different? The light gray seems really out of place among the bright red, so I'd suggest making it darker, but not straight out black. I'd say maybe go forth with this one, but both are headed in good directions.
Cristina Sánchez
| cristina_sanchez@mail.tmcc.edu
| Having the time of your life.

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I enjoy the layout of the first one but I would pick different colors, either keep the orange or keep the green but change the other one.
Dustin Hill

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

Hi Juan,

I like the first one the best. The color choices are far better and that might be because most of your attention has been focused on that one, but I like that one the best. The picture of your face feels natural in the layout and it doesn't seem to overpower the rest of your design that much. Great use of type as well. I really like the typography acting as a navigation in the layouts.

•Justin Hubert
Justin Hubert

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

hey carnal!! your designs are awsome i like the color scheme on the first one. but one suggestion the typeface around your head needs more work. second one is my favorite one it reminds me el aChe Guevara.
Jose nunez

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I prefer the layout of the first and the color scheme of the second.
Raymond Dylan Bivens