project 1 layouts

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Heyyou

Re: project 1 layouts

Post by Heyyou »

My suggestion is to combine the two. Use the CMCK head and maybe make the photo background image lighter gray. Just an idea. I like the simplicity of the design, but a bit more color will definitely help.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Campbell,

I like the first layout very original. But I think there is to much white space. Trying adding a background color or a background image like the second layout. Other then that very nice!
Maria Nunez

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

deinitely like the first one, the background on the second does seem to get a bit busy. i also REALLY like the headline on the first one. i like the scale of it much better. nice work!
Donna Harn

ekfulton

Post by ekfulton »

Hello~

I like design one; the 'cmck' is a creative idea. The 3 large images are also nice and balanced, and the large size is visually appealing and yet doesn't compete with the 'cmck' logo -- all of the page elements gel together nicely.The only thing I'd change is the way you've used the Facebook 'f' logo -- it doesn't comply with Facebook's use policy: specifically, "The context surrounding the use of the “f” logo should clearly indicate the action the audience is being prompted to initiate (e.g.“Like us on Facebook” or “Use this app on Facebook”)." See http://www.facebook.com/brandpermissions/logos.php.

It is difficult for me to comment on the second design because it's basically the same design as the first one. It feels like you just took out the 'cmck' logo and replaced it with some plain, uninspiring text and the background image is totally lost behind the 3 large foreground images. I feel like your first design is really strong and you show a command of solid design techniques -- I would have liked to see another different design that also showcased your considerable ability.
E.K. Fulton
ekfulton@gmail.com | 775-298-1515 mobile

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hey...
I like better the first one... I think because CMCK looks great also,I like that you add some projects to your page... It looks good.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Campbell.

On the first one, I do like your logo and the simplicity of the design. But honestly, I look at it and I'm just not really sure what I'm looking at. I assume that they're images of work you've done, but since they're just there with no header or explanation or anything, I can't be for sure. Plus, you're showcasing your work here but you also have a "gallery" link, so it feels like you should make this homepage more personal. Give me an idea of who you are before throwing your work in my face. If you must have some of your work on the homepage, make them into teasers, like thumbnails. And I think putting an actual background color might help too.

On the second, I really like the background image you've chosen, but it would serve you better if you turn the images of your work into thumbnails so all of the images aren't competing against each other. The title of this layout seems really underwhelming, but other than that, pretty much the same suggestions as from the first layout. One thing that could be cool is if you turn thumbnails of your work into your links, and maybe work on some rollover effects. Also, both of these layouts seem to have a professional bent, but I'm not sure how well they're meeting the assignment requirements; they don't have the "about me" paragraph or the class info and all of that stuff. Something to think about.

Personally, I like the second better!
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

Number one is good, maybe a black border on the bottom to ground it but overall doing well.
Dustin Hill

vhg0717

Post by vhg0717 »

I would go for the CMYK. I would just add some texture to the background ( not as busy as the second layout) or maybe even a border around all the content.
Victor Garcia

freem110

Post by freem110 »

I like they first concept! The one thing I would change is the images, I feel that they are just floating. Perhaps framing them with a board might be nice. I like your neatness and simplicity. Good job!
Brian Freeman

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

Hey Campbell,

I like them both for different reasons and I think i have solution. Take the background image from the second one and through it on the first one and you'll then you can keep all of the best elements from both designs.

•Justin Hubert
Justin Hubert