mark pederson project 1 roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ekfulton

Re: mark pederson project 1 roughs

Post by ekfulton »

Hi Mark~

I like that you referenced the research you did in your comments, I can tell that both designs were well-thought out. I think design one is the stronger of the two designs. The use of the building graphic you created is super creative and I like that the 'building blocks' of the graphic use a real image. Very cool idea. Also, I really like the blue background - it seems to provide a very effective contrast against the other elements on the page, yet it isn't overwhelming. Also, the different style for the first line of your paragraph text is really cool and naturally drew my attention to the start of the paragraph. I am curious to know where the required links will be incorporated into the design.

On design two, I really like the symmetry of the page layout: the use of the blocks really pleases the eye. Also, the way you have placed the links pulls the page together too. In general, I am not a fan of serif typefaces on websites. I think the serifs make the text hard to read on a screen. It isn't much a problem to me on design one since I feel the white on blue provides enough contrast to be readable. On the second site the choice of the background colors is cool, but I don't see as much contrast between the text and background, so the typeface is tougher to read than a san-serif font. While you have compensated for this by using a larger size, the larger size seems out of place for paragraph text, which is a shame because the rest of the page is super-well thought out and and really professional-looking.

Nice work. A.
E.K. Fulton
ekfulton@gmail.com | 775-298-1515 mobile

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I find myself loving the first layout but I believe that the second layout would be great if you changed the background to something solid of with a pattern.
Dustin Hill

Siri

Post by Siri »

The dynamic feel of the first design is working really well, Mark, I don't think you could have picked a better picture to use for it with the way the outline of the building just points to your paragraph. I'd recommend making the font of 'I am fascinated' a few sizes bigger, because right now the paragraph and headline are too similar in that aspect.

Your second design has a lot of potential, but the background gradient just isn't doing it. The colour range of it is a little too vast, making the colours start to run into each other rather than separate them from one another. Try toning down the background so it isn't overwhelming as much, and use a different font or variation for your paragraphs, it would really help to establish a hierarchy.
Cristina Sánchez
| cristina_sanchez@mail.tmcc.edu
| Having the time of your life.

vhg0717

Post by vhg0717 »

Hello Mark,

I definately love the first layout and the depth it creates. I would just work with the content to have a better balanced layout. Other than tha, I think you have a great idea going on. Good job!!
Victor Garcia

freem110

Post by freem110 »

I love the depth created by the first layout! I would play more with the hierarchy concept to add emphasis on the most important things you are displaying. I really like it so far!
Brian Freeman

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

These are both really cool and very different. I really like the idea of the second one, but I'm not quite sure about the colors. With some adjustments I think that it could be the better out of the 2. I do like the first one as is..it carries a lot of depth. I would like to see something at the end of that highest point, not right at the end but leading the eye in that direction. With all of those lines you could really lead the eye wherever you want to.
Justin Hubert

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

Hi Mark!! nice concepts my favorite one is the first one. the image of the skycraper makes me feel like :D I'm in font of it. great job Mark
Jose nunez

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Your fist one is AMZING! You could also use back text on cloud text boxes.
Raymond Dylan Bivens