FINAL critique for project 1 (Alexey)

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Alexey M

FINAL critique for project 1 (Alexey)

Post by Alexey M »

Hi guys. This is my final layout for project one, which I ve made according to your feedback.
Still, my design made something like old 90s games style, which represent my hobby as html 5 games developer and that`s why I `ve chosen this color scheme and fonts.
P.S. Picture of me on the right top corner is pixilated on purpose =)
Hope you ll like it. Thanks
Attachments
project_1_final.jpg
Alexey Makovskiy

jennybreitrick

Re: FINAL critique for project 1 (Alexey)

Post by jennybreitrick »

Freakin awesome job!!!
jenny breitrick

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Alexey - This is such a cute idea, and you've done a nice job with the execution. I think I'd push the intentional pixilation of your photograph even further, since you want it to be painfully obvious that it's on purpose and not by accident. Maybe consider having a few of the pixels floating away from your body across toward your name. I also wonder how your photo would look in blue instead of black?

I really like how you've struck a balance between busyness and organization. It's interesting to look at and it draws me in, but it doesn't overwhelm me or make my eyes bleed. Very nice.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

I like the retro look on it even with a modern image, yourself. Colors look well together too. Good job! (You need to tell me why you broke into the TMCC utility shed!! jk jk)
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Alexey,

Great combination of your two roughs. You kept the color scheme that created the best contrast in my opinion. My suggestion would be to get rid of the boxes that serve as a background for your about me section and your area for your links. I think the design will have better contrast and flow more naturally.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

as someone who loves all games i have trouble not living this design cool idea yo.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Alexey,
I really like the final product. The combination between the two roughs is awesome. Great color choice. Nice job!
Maria Nunez

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Alexey.

Wow, making your layout into an actual arcade style game station was an excellent idea. It's fun and interesting and very well done. The colors are great and the organization is clean. But instead of those simple text links, maybe try to incorporate the buttons and joysticks on the console as your navigation. You could try some rollover effects, perhaps. You've kind of set yourself up, haha, because this looks so much like a game that I want to see some animation! Also, the icons below your "about me" section make it feel kind of off-balance, so maybe shorten the "about me" container and line the icons up with the copy container on the right.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Alexy! I totally dig the video game theme and love that you've chosen to place your whole layout within a vintage video arcade game. (It reminds me of being a little kid and playing video games at a pizza parlor or something- how fun!). My only suggestion is that your name at the top of the game tends to seem a little off balance and weighted to the left. I believe it is centered, but is there anyway to give it more balance! Anyway absolutely great job!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

you've definitely captured that eighties retro arcade feel. I hear pacman soundsin my head when I look at this site. cool logo
Mark Pederson