Rebecca Baumann..Project 1..Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
re8ecca

Rebecca Baumann..Project 1..Final

Post by re8ecca »

There was a split decision in the preliminary critique between my two concepts, so in the end I decided to explore the bubblegum idea because it's whimsical and fun.

Based on some of my feedback, I decided to make the heads less prominent, and so I placed the sequence on an old-style illustration card. Since I was already going in a vintage direction, I created my personal brand of chewing gum packaging with retro fonts, and the body text is in Courier New. The color scheme has tints and shades of pinks and greens, and the only bright color is found in the gum.

I really enjoyed putting together the various elements, and I'm looking forward to seeing it as a working website.
rb_bubblegum_final.jpg
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

campbell_mckeogh

Re: Rebecca Baumann..Project 1..Final

Post by campbell_mckeogh »

LOVE IT !!!! great design,

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Rebecca,

Really awesome! I love everything about it. Nice work. :)
Donna Harn

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Rebecca
I just love your color choices that you ended up using for your final layout is just terrific! Also all of the images that you picked flow so perfectly together! I love your entire website!! Great Job.
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

I love the way you made it look like "pieces" in photo album. Great design!
Alexey Makovskiy

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

Love the design and the typography good work :D.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Rebecca.

This is a fun little layout and I think the vintage direction you took is fantastically done. I love all of the layering you've done too, and how the "GRC..." info and the "about me" section are on open gum wrappers. Just great. I also really like the idea of your own brand of gum and the stick as your contact link, but those are the elements I'm having the most problems with. Against the more vintage feel of the rest of it, those just look too unreal to me. Like bad CGI effects, haha. Maybe try to vintage them out too, somehow.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Rebecca! What a cool concept- a very fun style- and I LOVE that your imagery tells a story and unifies the whole design! Don't change a thing, this is very unique!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Rebecca,

I really enjoy the changes you have made to this layout since first critique. The earth tones work well with the pink, and the page has great alignment and typography. As a suggestion, perhaps some color in the form of a rollover in your navigation menu could add an extra accent of color to your layout.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Excellent design Rebecca. I'm really enjoying your webpage layout because it's friendly,and the choice colors are working very well together. :]
Martin Aranda