Project 1 Final - Aharon Williams

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Heyyou

Project 1 Final - Aharon Williams

Post by Heyyou »

Based upon the feedback I've received from my classmates, this is my final design. The graphic elements have remained virtually the same, except for the fact that I have replaced the texture in the background with one that looks cleaner and better fits the design. I have also used a grid to layout the elements and that should solve the problem of the elements being too spaced out and not feeling unified. I have as included an image of one of my rollovers which will inject color into the layout (as suggested by Rebecca). This design is much tighter, cleaner, and expressive than my first layout and I appreciate all of your feedback greatly.

Aharon
grc175_project1_final_aw.jpg
grc175_project1_rollover_aw.jpg
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

re8ecca

Re: Project 1 Final - Aharon Williams

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Aharon - I like the idea of having color appear on a rollover. That's a cool concept. It lets the user create their own little color show as they move the mouse around. What I enjoy most are all of the different textures you've incorporated, from the background, to your headline font, to the illustrations themselves. It feels tactile.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Aharon
I love the touch of colors that you added on your final layout. Real men wear pink on their layouts ;)
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Totally stick with second design. That color scheme creates a very nice contrast. Good Job, Aharon
Alexey Makovskiy

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

really like it aharon :D i never though of laying it out in that style but you really pulled it off its great.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

jennybreitrick wrote:Aharon
I love the touch of colors that you added on your final layout. Real men wear pink on their layouts ;)
jen
It's purple. Real men were purple in their designs.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Aharon,
Much better, Its cleaner, and easy to navigate and all the elements are centered. No space. Nice job! :D
Maria Nunez

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Aharon.

Your revisions on this one create a much neater whole, especially regarding the spacing. And thank you for changing the background texture; so much better! I still think your copy could be a size bigger so it's not overwhelmed by the sizes of your titles. And while I like the idea of your pink accents, I'm a little confused by the example you provided. Is your name going to go pink every time one of your links does, or was that special for the "me" section? I almost think just having the text in your link images go pink would be more effective, in either case.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Aharon- overall I really am enjoying the graphic look of your page. I also like that you've chosen just one accent color for your rollovers. Because of your simplistic design, You can always swap out the accent color if you get tired of the pink- even though as someone else stated "real men put pink in their designs." :-)
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

the color rollovers make this work really well. It's easy to navigate like the more modern touch screen interfaces. well done
Mark Pederson