Project1 Final (Rachel Mosley)

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
rmosley

Project1 Final (Rachel Mosley)

Post by rmosley »

It's kinda late, I hope what I say makes sense!

I took a lot from everyone's feedback, and went with the second design. Dustin Hill, suggested that the "thought bubble", would dissolve into a short "about me" blurb, when the mouse hovers over it, and dissolve back to the logo, when the mouse is not hovering. I made my own buttons! Pretty excited about how well it turned out and how it compliments the color of my logo. I cleaned up my personal photo this time. And as Justin H. suggested, I moved my button tab up and my photo down more to show depth. I took out the Facebook, Google+, and twitter buttons.. I don't even have twitter. From left to right the icon buttons go, "HOME", "ABOUT ME", "WORK/PORTFOLIO", and "LINKS". I also added a shadow "thought bubble" to show more depth and to express a more creative look. And YES, I chose Bauhaus as my font for this class. I feel like it compliments the fonts, buttons, and icons. Good night! And I hope you all like it <3
Attachments
Final Design
Final Design
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

re8ecca

Re: Project1 Final (Rachel Mosley)

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Rachel - Nice buttons! They definitely elevate the whole page, and give it a nice polished feel. Right now the only thing throwing me is on the white thought bubble... why are the edges so rough? I think it'd be cool to give it a nice smooth edge to match your buttons below.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

I wanted to show more of a rougher sketch of the thought bubble, to show its imaginative.. But I think you are right, it should be uniformed like the rest with clean edges. Thanks!
Rachel Mosley

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Rachel,

I agree that the buttons look great and the thought bubble concept really works well. My only suggestion would be to change the color of the background of the navigation bar to a lighter color. A tint of your pink or the gray in your thought bubble could really make those buttons stand out and not take away from your design.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Rachel
I absolutely love the way your home page turned out. It shows a ton of personal emotion in your layout and it reads very clear. The colors are wonderful and your use of white space is great. Good job girl ;)
jen
jenny breitrick

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

Thank you guys! I really do appreciate all your positive feedback! Makes me more excited for this project!
Rachel Mosley

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

I like that your picture dominates over the whole design. Pink color looks cool together with black and white. Awesome logo!
Alexey Makovskiy

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

I like it though do remember to really think out any type of typeless buttons to really get them to say what you want when going down that route its a great design though.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Rachel,
Nice layout. Simple and easy to navigate through. My favorite part is the buttons very original!
Maria Nunez

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Rachel.

I still think this layout has a great focal point, haha. I like the buttons you've made but I'm going to have to agree with C.J. on that one; if you hadn't told me what the "portfolio" and "links" buttons meant, I would've had absolutely no idea what to expect when clicking on them, and the question mark on the "about me" button always makes me think of a "help" section. If you have alt-text on those pictures, that will be fine though. I'd also say maybe adding a thin pink border to your link container would make it more cohesive with the other pinks you have.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks