project1_final_layout

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

project1_final_layout

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hellow fellow students;
Here is my final layout for project 1. I got all your feedback and I used it in order to make improvements to my final layout.
I hope I did something better :D
Attachments
web_page_layout7.jpg
Juan Vazquez Lopez

re8ecca

Re: project1_final_layout

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Juan - I think you've got some good ideas working here, but it needs to be tightened up in a few places. On the header, the TMCC logo, GRC 175 and Spring 2013 all feel like they're floating around independently. I'd play around with the sizes and opacities of each element to get them to feel like they're together.

In the middle it feels like there's this vast ocean of space around your paragraph. I'd suggest moving up your link buttons from the bottom, and get them working in the middle with your text. The buttons themselves are a little plain, although I do like the blue to compliment the orange.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Juan
Hey buddy. I am very happy about how your final layout turned out. The black curtains on the side of your project really add something great to your overall layout, great choice on that.
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Nice work! Cool design. I like that you put text around your head, so it does not float in space anymore.
Alexey Makovskiy

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

I really like it but i want the type bigger to take up some of the white space :D.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Juan.

I still like your choice of color, and how you've definitely gone with orange without it being painful to the eye. I do agree with everyone else that your white space is a little too noticeable, and I think it'd be better if you could join the "GRC" and "175" elements at the top. Maybe make the bubble really big and layer the two texts together over it? Also, the spiffy little flair you did on your name seems almost too harsh against the softness of your picture. It might look cool to have a few more random blue accents too, to really incorporate your link buttons better.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Juan! Well I think it's very cool how you've framed your face with the text- what a neat idea! I'm agreeing with others that perhaps there might be just a bit to much empty space within your layout. Is there anyway you can address this without making your overall design appear "busy"? And very unique choice to work with orange- I think it's a challenging color to work with but overall I think you've pulled it off!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Juan,

I agree with the other comments relating to the balance of your layout. The body copy and the circle/square/triangle need to have closer visual weight. You might also want to think about making the face image larger to divide the body area more evenly. I really enjoy the use of the orange, black, and white color scheme. I think it creates great contrast and really helps to make your hierarchy work.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi. Great choice of color and nice use of gradients. I think there is a tiny bit too much empty space in the middle, though. Wondering if larger text and/or a graphic image might help fill the space a bit? Also, a bit more contrast in your name? I love how it surrounds you, that's a great look. Nice work! :)
Donna Harn

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Juan,
I really like the background color with the grandient. Its not bright. I like the over all design. Somethings you can change would be putting the web design & publishing 1 at the top of the page where the spring 2013 is. Then move up the buttons. Also, make the text bigger in the about me section there is too much space. :D
Maria Nunez