PrOject TwO

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Martin5Ar

PrOject TwO

Post by Martin5Ar »

Well, this has been a challenging assignment for me; the reason is that the website I chose is really busy and at the same time boring.
Here's the Link : http://www.pnwx.com
Hopefully my designs make this website more attractive and professional, because it's all about technical materials and electronic parts for x-ray laboratories.
Attachments
prjc2_index01.jpg
prjc2_content_pg1.jpg
prjc2_index02.jpg
prjc2_content_pg2.jpg
Martin Aranda

re8ecca

Re: PrOject TwO

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Martin - I think your second set of roughs has some really strong elements working for it, and it's the one I want to look at, hands down. The layout you've designed really pushes the boundaries, and it's so far from boring that I want to give you major props for coming up with something so bold. The colors are working well too.

I'm curious to know how many typefaces you've used though, because I feel like the type is what's holding it back at this point. I think there are too many. I'd try to narrow it down to two families, one for your main header and subheads, and then another for everything else, using the regular, bold, and italic variations within that family to create the hierarchy.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

their both really cool not sure what to improve on with them.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Martin
My ‘eye’ is really drawn towards your second design. It hits the mark with color, imagery and text layout. Great job!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

My favorite is the second design. Very good color choice, type and imagery. Looks way better then original one.
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hello Martin;
I really like the second layout, definitely is much more better than the original web page, I like the elements that you add to this layout they are so very strong also i like how you play with the headline of the company nicely done, good job.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Martin,

I think the second layout is the stronger of the two. The color scheme is excellent and provides great contrast. The only issue I have is with the use of the eye. I understand the relationship of the image to x-rays, but it is the focal point of the page and doesn't give me an immediate cue as to what the website is for. The design elements are very strong and is a huge improvement over the original site.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Thanks for the advise. It's really helpful :)
Martin Aranda

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Martin,
Both of your roughs are awesome! I agree with the others the your second layout is the best. I'm really enjoying the layout. My suggest would be that instead of the eye find a x-ray and put there. It would make sense, since the website has to due with x-rays. Great Job! :D
Maria Nunez

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Martin!

I like the second set more- that eye is amazing! I see that you have text here, there, and everywhere... And I get that this website probably needs to have a lot of text, but is there anyway to have it look more polished?
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student