Project 2 roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Landsknecht

Project 2 roughs

Post by Landsknecht »

This is my original:
http://www.peggigold.com/

I have completed my 2 sets of roughs for a travel agent...
landing page
landing page
I wanted to make it more professional, and include the navigation on every page.
ski package info page
ski package info page
With my second set, I wanted to make it different, but not boring.
reno pics as buttons :)
reno pics as buttons :)
The interior page needs explaining. My wife wanted me to add some "movement" or something interesting to the header. After some attempted explanations, we added the color swash. I'm not sure if it works, but it doesn't look bad. Any thoughts??
golfing interior, and color movement swash
golfing interior, and color movement swash
Thanks for your input.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

re8ecca

Re: Project 2 roughs

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Jeremy - The navigation is really dominant in both of your roughs, and if you want to make it that big, then I think it needs to be really interesting, and for that reason I'm liking your second set of roughs more. I like how you've incorporated a picture into the button, and it does a good job showcasing Reno's highlights.

I do agree with your wife, I think the header needs more. One question, why is the little SM after "go gold"? I think it's a distraction. Also, I'd try making that a lot bigger, even overlapping the content box below.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

it looks good not sure how to improve it though it looks like a good travel agency website which is a good thing
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Jeremy
Great job on your layouts buddy! The layout that I like the best is the second one, I think it is the colors that are working well and it is soothing to the eyes. The thing that I would explore is trying out different design for the top header of the page where is says Go Gold….i see that the eye does focus on the title creating great Emphasis, I think that has a lot to do with the warm color that you chose and having cool color imagery for the rest of the layout. Maybe create a unique logo with the title next to it.
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Both layouts looking very good. Original web site was so ugly. You really pushed your design and achieved all the goals. Great job
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hi Jeremy,
I like the first layout, I think because is more colorful than the other I guess the imagery helps to understand the concept of the page. I have some issues with the head line, I think it looks weak perhaps try other typeface. good job
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Jeremy,

I really like the color scheme of the second layout. I don't think the gold gradient is necessary as it messes with the contrast in the header. I agree with Rebecca that the navigation is dominant. Good job.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Jeremy!

I think I like the second set more- your wife was right about the headline, but maybe instead if putting a gold color gradient behind the gold letters is there a way you can put a " metallic" looking gradient, with the highlights, lowlights and reflections? I just the the gold on gold is getting lost a bit.
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Jeremy,

I prefer your second design. I, too, like the navigation idea with the imagery. Maybe just working on size just tiny bit, they seem a wee bit large. Not too much, just a little. Also, wives are always right... just saying. :)
Donna Harn

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Jeremy,
Both of your roughs are wonderful. I like them both. I'm leading towards the second layout its more original and I like the images for the links. I agree with others work on the header maybe just create new logo for the theme working with same color scheme. Nice Job! :)
Maria Nunez