mark pederson first roughs project two

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
mawpe

mark pederson first roughs project two

Post by mawpe »

Hi everybody,
Here is the crappy original
original.JPG
here are my proposed revisions

for this first design I wanted a big bold typographic scheme. I used their motto 'we treat you best friend...'
I was going for a simple image of a dog relaxing in a tub, like he's at a spa.
mutt_home1.jpg
mutt_page1.jpg
This design uses photos from the original site and cutouts of dogs with fur textures
mutt_home2.jpg
mutt_page2.jpg
Mark Pederson

rmosley

Re: mark pederson first roughs project two

Post by rmosley »

HelloO. I really like your second design best. Its more pleasing to the eye, creative, and has depth. Good job!
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Mark - I think your use of color in both designs is absolutely wonderful. I think you've hit the mood of the target audience perfectly.

I like your first layout the best, and all you'd need to add are some ears curling up out of the tub to match the nose. That is just too cute, and wonderfully creative (I don't think I've ever seen anything like that done before).

I'm also drawn to the typeface you've used, and the way you've laid it all out, but I think you are overusing it. Try picking a second typeface for your menu options, and the part where it says "pet grooming, etc" (I'd try a sans-serif for a clean, modern contrast).
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

I like them but on the first one i couldn't tell it was a dog for a few seconds i thought it was a volcano so possibly show more of the dog then just its nose.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

I love the colors and imagery in your second layout the best! Great job on this assignment! HUGE Improvement from the original design!!!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Great work, Mark! I like how you worked with images and layout. I like the second version more. But the both are very good. Taking quick look on your design and audience understanding whats those websites are about.
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hey Mark,
I like better the first layout, it looks good, the bubbles and the nose of the pet emerging makes a connection with the meaning of the page...I like it, Good job
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Mark,

I think both of the layouts are very well done and use color well. I prefer the first layout I agree with some of our previous classmates post about the image of the dog in the first layout being hard to make out, but I simply think putting the dog from the second layout would solve that problem. Good work.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Mark

I think I like the concept of the fist layout more- cute idea! But I do agree with a previous poster that you should add another doggie detail like ears, so you can identify better that it's a little puppy nose poking out of the water, and not something else like an island our mountain. Great job!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

HI there,

I like both sets, I think you've done a great job playing with color schemes and they both work with your target audience! As far as layouts go, I prefer number one. Cute concept and the type is very nice with the design. I, of course, agree about the dog but simple changes can make a huge impact. Nice work!
Donna Harn