Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
DustDjinn

Project 2 Roughs

Post by DustDjinn »

Hello everyone!

I choose to do Reno's Santa Pub Crawl for my website that needed a makeover. The original being a http://www.renosantacrawl.com.

Layout Idea One

I found that the original version had to many buttons so I made video's and Photos into media and put Hotels, Bars and Maps all together as well.

I believe that the main page should show you/tell you what the thing you're looking at is and why is it there.

Using the idea of the north pole use of the signs and a navigation bar.

This idea is split I have the one I have now or a similar version where the north pole is in the center and the navigation bars/signs point in different directions.

P.S. I want to add a drunk elf/santa/raindeer
thoughts?

Layout Idea Two

I wanted to have a less child likely website and try to focus on beer. I used darker colors and gave a more adult feel but I'm scared its not fun enough.

side note there is a donation that the crawls money goes to and I want to make sure in on the front page and I need help finding a good place. thanks.
Attachments
project2_layout_2_part_two.jpg
project2_layout_2.jpg
project2_layout_one_part_two.jpg
project2_layout_one.jpg
Dustin Hill

re8ecca

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Dustin - Wow, what a cool website to redo. Great idea.

I agree with you, the North Pole sign is cute, but it's almost TOO cute. It looks child-friendly, and not very grown up. Cool idea though.

I definitely like the warmer, more adult design, and I think that if we could see more of the beer glass sitting next to the Santa coaster, that it would really tie this together. Your main problem right now is getting the header to stand out. It's going to be tough, and you might have to put it into a box, or some shape to get it off that background. I don't think mere drop shadows or glows will do the job.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

i think the design is good though since its a pub crawl i think the 2nd one is a bit to kid freindly and people may get confused also i vote for a drunk santa.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

My computer totally won’t show me your designs!!! Isn’t that just the pits!! I will try again later. I’m sure that it looks great…just by reading the comments.
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

You did a great job on those layouts. Sets me Christmas mood. I like your idea of adding "drinking" elements like drunk elf or santa.
I think for right now, you roughs look a little bit more like Christmas website for kids.
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hello Dustin,
Definitely I like better the first layout, it looks awesome, I like the warm scheme color that you choose. good job.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Dustin,

I actually like the second layouts color and contrast much more than the first, but I agree it definitely needs more "Santa Crawl" imagery to indicate it is a website for adults. I really like the look of the map on their website. Maybe that could give you some ideas for images. Good job.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Dustin!

I agree that you needed to separate and organize all that content much more effectively- I like how you've organized the content, but I really like the second " North Pole" theme and the literal use of the pole as your directory is very neat!!!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Dustin,
Both of your designs are very strong. The second layout looks too child like, but I like the colors and the text, basically very thing about is awesome I'm ready for Christmas. The first layout is my favorite its more of adult like. The color scheme is nice. I think having a drunk Santa is a great idea. As for the donation box I think you can put where you have links to facebook, twitter, and just put the links up in the header. Great Job! :)
Maria Nunez

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Dustin,

Good job on both. I prefer the first for the same reason as my classmates, it appears more adult. Great concepts with both, though! I also agree with Rebecca on the header. I like the type, it feels very Christmassy, but it gets a bit lost. Other than that, nicely done. :)
Donna Harn