Project2 Prelim (Rachel Mosley)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
rmosley

Project2 Prelim (Rachel Mosley)

Post by rmosley »

I think I am in way over my head. The Reno Bighorns website http://www.nba.com/dleague/reno/ is what I chose to redo.. Jesus, it obviously has way too much content, making it busy for the eye. I am struggling with this website already. There is so much content, its hard to decide what pages to do, what info to have. So basically I will be redesigning the Homepage, as shown below, and I will be attempting the four other pages. You are right Michael, I already want to cry, and I havent even touched DreamWeaver. But I will try to do my best.
Attachments
bighorns_homepage.jpg
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

gokudera08

Re: Project2 Prelim (Rachel Mosley)

Post by gokudera08 »

remember your remaking the website so if its to busy then make it less busy you can redesign it anyways you want. i think your concept is good but like you said theirs to much. we do get to make 4 other pages for this project you can spread it out focus on making it look good and use the images you have to fill in the space. with a project that is trowing to much at you your goal is to simplified it as much as you can while still making it interesting.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Rachel
Wow you really did an amazing job on this layout! One thing that I can see that would make it possible flow is taking the top navigation bar and having it to both sides of your page may work as a more dynamic layout out.
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Good job Rachel. I like that you stick with old design, but you improved it a lot. Made it easier to navigate and look prettier.
Alexey Makovskiy

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Rachel,

You have done a much better job of organizing the information on the original site. I think if you move the centered the body content and put the Reno Big Horns border down both sides of the body, it would help balance out the layout. Nice work.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Rachel,

Don't cry, you will work it out. I keep telling myself the same thing. You tackled a lot here and have done well. I would agree with Aharon, maybe centering would help bring it in to balance a bit better? The colors are nice and work well. Good job so far! Can't wait to see it finished!
Donna Harn

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

Thank you guys! I will definitely try the logo on both sides and center the body, or maybe using a action photo on one side.
Rachel Mosley

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Rachel - I'm confused... is this your own work, or is it the original website? They almost look identical.

If this is your rough, then my advice is to take this in a totally different direction, and really own it. Right now it's just way too close to the original design.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Rachel,
Great start! :D I agree with you the original site is too busy and there is so much content. Don't panic everything is going to work out JUST BREATH! :D I also agree with Rebecca still looks a lot like the original site. Since the site has so many links maybe you can try to have vertical and horizontal navigation and put the different section that are in the home page in links. It would clear the up the home a bit. Also, you can probably put the logo at the top of the page and have everything centered. :D
Maria Nunez

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

Well the problem was not the design, it was more of too much content. But I guess I can play around with the design more.
Rachel Mosley