Perliminary Critique Two roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
nunezm

Perliminary Critique Two roughs

Post by nunezm »

Hi Everybody,
Here's the links to the site i choose http://kidneeds.com/. As you can it needs a lot of help. The information is not organized and stuff is just floating out in space. Also, there's just a lot of text.

Here's the my first layout:
In this layout I used the same color scheme as the original site blue. I feel like this color is calm and it represents a place of caring people and lots of love. I don't like the logo so I'm going to create a new and put it at time top. I'm going to create some kind of banner not sure what. I'm also going use a hover for the links use maybe light blue or yellow.(Still thinking)
Content
Content
Home layout
Home layout

Here's the my second layout:
For the second layout I want to use colors that are exicting and that would make people happy when they visit the website. Here I decide to use a white background and three images at the top. For the section I used the color purple with a blue text. The links have a blue color. I'm going to use a hover too.
Content Two
Content Two
Home
Home

Feel free to give any feedback. It will be very useful.

Thank you!
Maria Nunez

jennybreitrick

Re: Perliminary Critique Two roughs

Post by jennybreitrick »

Wow I really love your first layout! I can see you playing with overlapping features like what if the girl on the right is placed in front of the text box and the blue line at the bottom is placed behind both of the kids, so that it will act as a 3d back wall element. And maybe a right drop shadow on your content box in the middle…it looks fantastic though…I like the company’s website that you chose to help.
jen
jenny breitrick

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Maria,

I really like the color scheme of the first layout. I agree with Jenny about moving the children in front of your content area. They should be the focal point so placing them front and center will help. Nice work.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

Hi maria!! nice work i personally like the first version i like the color scheme that you used and how you play with overlapping some of you
elements. I wish the logo where actually there to see how interacts with the design. I suggest to use colors that match with the page to unite
the whole concept ..over all good job maria.
Jose nunez

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Maria!

I think your first layout is stronger of the two, however I like both color schemes. Maybe consider moving the person in the wheelchair in front of the blue box? I would rather see the person than the box corner:-). Great job!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi there!

I like the first one but I think the images can be a bit larger and overlap the body content box rather than go behind? Also, some interesting type might help and a few contrasting colors? Good job, Maria! :)
Donna Harn

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Nice! I like your designs. Both of them are really calm and clean. Your background and those children pictures bring me so much peace. However, try to play more with special effects such as drop shadows and blending options.
Martin Aranda

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I'm really enjoying your first layout but I would change the sky blue to something a bit more muted.
Dustin Hill

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

I like your first layout, nice choice of colors and layout. But, I would like to see more of the children. They are the focus of the site, but behind the box.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Maria.

I think you chose great pictures on your first one and I really wish I could see what kind of banner/logo you're going to make. I'd work on the blue container boxes because they're just a little too painful against the white background, and your white copy text is really hard to read right now. Maybe making the backgrounds of your header and footer a non-white color might help take down the brightness a bit too.

I like how you've contained your information on the second one, with that nice pinkish-purple color. You definitely need to work on the centering in it though, and instead of those three pictures slapped on the top there, maybe try to make a banner collage up there with a lot of different ones.

Personally, I like the first better.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks