Justin Hubert Project 2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Justin Hubert

Justin Hubert Project 2

Post by Justin Hubert »

•Hi everyone these are my project 2 website redesigns and I am looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback so I can make improvements.

•I chose Eagle Fitness' website because in my opinion it is not a well designed website and with the content it has a lot of potential. I am going to post a zoomed out screenshot of it so you can see the comparison with my redesigns. Their homepage is really long and has a ton of empty space, type issues, and the content is scattered and could be organized in a much more interesting way.
eagle_fitness_old_site_home.JPG
•My first redesign I created in illustrator and used different cool shades of blue because they like to use the red white and blue theme so I used white and blue to accent the red "Fitness" in their logo. All of the images I used are from their website including the one on the homepage which is their Facebook top banner.
eagle_fitness_home_page.jpg
jhubert_project_2_layout_1_facility_page.jpg
•This second redesign was created in Photoshop and I wanted to play with bevel and embossed buttons for my navigation and also have a textured background. Again all of the images are from their website. I feel like using these blue tones represents health and serenity along with a professional look. For some reason the two pages are coming out a different shade of blue where the content is placed when I upload, I made them both the same color and uploaded again several times, and I also looked at the jpeg files I have on my computer and they are the same color, but they aren't appearing that way on here. They will be the same color as the second page the light blue one.
project_2_layout_2_home.jpg
project_2_layout_2_aerobics.jpg
•Although simple looking, I feel like these website represent the business and fitness well. They obviously have a more simplistic approach to their current website. Thanks for taking the time to make comments.
Justin Hubert

re8ecca

Re: Justin Hubert Project 2

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Justin - I like how you went big with your second homepage concept, and its definitely my favorite. That's a really nice composition, and it makes a great statement for a first time viewer.

I'm wondering if you can use color to add more energy to the design. When I think of fitness, I want to get excited about moving, but the baby blues are kind of dominant right now, and I think it's calming it down a lot. I'd try to use that vibrant blue and red more from the logo, and see how you can use it to punch up the energy level on the design.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

The 2nd layout is much more dynamic and interesting so i would go with that one it looks amazing.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Justin
Great job on redesigning that website! The second layout seems to be a stronger layout because of the imagery is larger and much more intense. I think the second layout does the job very well. Great job on this!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Great work Justin! Your designs are very clean, easy to navigate and understand. I also like your color choice.
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hello Justin;
I really like the concept in the layout two, it is so clean and organized, although i am agree with Rebeca, the color makes me feel so lazy is to much blue perhaps you need add a warm color like orange in order to make more excited the web page. good job.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Justin,

I really like the second layout. Maybe you could try the color scheme of the first on the second layout. Very nice clean design work.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Justin,

WOW Great Work! I really your second layout. It's clean, easy to read, and everything is centered. I also agree with reset use a more bright color blue.
Maria Nunez

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

Hello Justin! I personally like the second version. the elements are interacting more. the big logo attracts the attention. I have one suggestion thought you should try to play with a background to fill those white spaces on the corners that way the design is more unify.
Jose nunez

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Justin!

The second website design is catching my eye more... Less white space than number one and the images you've chosen are great. On your website 2 page 2 maybe consider expanding the image and text so it is nearly as big as your website two homepage content? This might give it more unity and balance. Great job- TONS better than the original!!!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student