C.J.Norris_project2drafts

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
mawpe

Re: C.J.Norris_project2drafts

Post by mawpe »

I like the second layout better. more interesting fonts and colors, seems more appropriate
Mark Pederson

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I enjoy your layouts but I personally would like to see them in darker colors.
Dustin Hill

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

CJ, I like the orangey site more than the green one. I like the contrasting typefaces more than a single font, and would definitely like some sort of imagery in there somewhere....
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya C.J.

While I like your adventurous spirit when it comes to color schemes, both of these are just way too bright for me. It's really overwhelming and hurts my eyes. I do like the box approach you've taken on the first one, with everything neatly in its own space, and the large headline really catches my attention. I would probably put an actual title instead of their URL though. I'd also say to really make the links and navigation stand out, as it took me a minute to figure out where it was.

I really like the font you chose for "blood bowl" in the second; it's so campy but it's great. I think your links are set up better in this one and the spacing around your containers is nice, as it gives me a bit of a breather. I would like to see some kind of footer, and I'm wondering how your navigation is going to work; is it going to be a rollout menu, or links to separate pages, or what?

Personally, I like the first better.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I can see that you were trying to fix the boring color scheme of the current website, but I think you just went a little too far with your color. Try and also create some imagery that has some reference to strategy games in general.
Raymond Dylan Bivens

freem110

Post by freem110 »

I like both designs but I feel they both need some other colors. They feel a bit flat because they are mostly monochromatic. I think adding some warm colors would do wonders, like adding cheese to a burger! Nice work!
Brian Freeman