Project 2 drafts from Nicole Medrano

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
OliviasMama12

Project 2 drafts from Nicole Medrano

Post by OliviasMama12 »

http://www.sierraaquaticsreno.com <---------- the original website.

Hi everyone- sorry I'm uploading my work so late, but I thought partial credit is better than nothing, however if no one gets around to critiquing my stuff I'll understand, since it is so late.

On the "other" layouts, I chose to go with a more graphic look, with a slight mountain theme in the background to vaguely represent the sierras, due to the name, "Sierra Aquatics". I kind of like it, but I think it's still a bit "bland" for my taste.

one the second drafts, I chose to use imagery for the background and the content on both of my images. I think the typography in all of my layouts still needs work, and I think my biggest struggle with these layouts will be to keep them from looking "too busy".
Attachments
other_reptilepage.png
other_homepage.png
reptile_page_a.png
home_page_a.png
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

nunezm

Re: Project 2 drafts from Nicole Medrano

Post by nunezm »

Hi Nicole,
WOW! Amazing roughs. Both layouts are nice deigns. My favorite is the second layout it has a ocean feeling since the site is about ocean animals. I really like the back ground color it gives it that extra touch to it. The images being used are perfect it goes well with background color. I think that you can make the images smaller or even maybe make a collage and float them some where and the text next to it. For example in the home page I like the store being in the middle as for the text just center it would be just fine. Great job!! :D
Maria Nunez

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Nicole!

Nice job on your roughs! I think I prefer the layout of the first design best. I love the colors but I think a little contrast will might things stand out a bit more? The heading and name of the business might pop off better with a drop shadow or a bolder color. Maybe the link boxes, too. I think you are doing a great job even though I still don't want to buy a snake... :lol:
Donna Harn

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

funny, I almost picked that same website for my choice. I like your second design more, it is more visually interesting, the reptile page in particular
Mark Pederson

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

I really like the feel and colors of the second layout, but the image bubbles on the first one are pretty neat as well. Good job on theses.
jen
jenny breitrick

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I prefer that second layout, I don't think you need green to show that it's about reptiles.
Dustin Hill

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

I'm voting for the design of the blue set, but I agree that green is more inline with the reptiles. Nice layouts!
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Nicole,

I think the second set of roughs is the stronger. The color scheme works well and the imagery gives the user a instant sense of the nature of the site. I would suggest using a stroke or a drop shadow around your links and foreground images to differentiate them from your background image. Very good start.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

hello Nicole!! both layouts are grate!!! i personally like the first one more the graphic imagery has a strong looking... i one suggestion for the headline "reptiles and other exotic animals" there is a little bet of contrast you should try another typeface or a different color for the shade. overall you did a great gob.!! :D
Jose nunez

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Nicole.

I really like how you used the gray and light blue lining on the first one, particularly around the three images. I also think the way you've set up your links is really eye-catching. I do agree that it's a little bland though, and while I know you were using the mountain background as the "Sierra Nevada" part, my first thought on seeing it was still, "huh?"

The second one definitely has a better aquatic feel to it, and it's super busy which makes me think of a fish tank. Because the background images you've chosen are so vibrant, I would have a clear container for your content instead of just those blued-out areas, because it's all kind of blending in together. I'd also really make your links distinctive and pop out so people can clearly see them.

Personally, I like the second better.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks