Project 2 layouts

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
I'mNicole

Re: Project 2 layouts

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Campbell.

The background image on your first one is so awesome, especially the fade-out to the left. The lines through "SWT" are eye-catching but I think maybe too much; maybe cut their number down by half? And what Jenny said about it looking like a poster is so very true, and I'm not sure that's exactly what you want so maybe work on some containers or buttons for your links or something to that effect.

I really like your effects on the "SWT" on the second one and the images you chose are great, but they're too much. You have a picture on top of a picture and your links just seem thrown in as a second thought, so it looks pretty unorganized and a little sloppy. Try to integrate the links more neatly and instead of putting a picture in that box, mess with the opacity and that could be your copy box.

Personally, I like the first one.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I enjoy your first layout although is reminds me of a poster or something in print not a website.
Dustin Hill

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

I really like your use of color for SWT. The fonts and colors work well with your choice of grayscale images.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

i really like the first concept. the construction images say evrything .."construction company" on the same concept I'm also enjoying the color that you used.. good job!
Jose nunez

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I like the limited color palette your using, it works great. I cant really decide which one works better, they both look great.
Raymond Dylan Bivens

freem110

Post by freem110 »

First design rocks! It has a rugged feel which I think will draw in your target audience. Nice job!
Brian Freeman