Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
I'mNicole

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Dustin.

Like everyone else, I think the first one is too child-friendly. It looks like it's more a website for a Santa-in-the-mall-come-visit! kind of scenario, versus a pub crawl. A drunk Santa or elf might help, but I think it's just a little too childish for the point of the site. The elements are well-done though, and I think having the pole in the middle with different links pointing in all directions would be cool.

The second definitely has that more adult and inviting feel, and I love the texture/colors in your header. I'm not entirely sure what the gold thing is beside the Santa coaster, but if you put an image of a full beer glass in there, it would help tie it in with the pub idea. Your link circles are great but I think you need to incorporate the social media links better, instead of just having them in all of their spectacular colors there. As for the donation, maybe shorten your copy box and have a line under it about donating, with a link to a donate page? That way it could be on every page.

Personally, I like the second better.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Very nice Dustin, I really had a Christmas feel on the first one, almost Normal Rockwell-ish. I agree that the headline needs to pop more, and I believe that the beer glass should be more visible.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

hello Dustin!! i like the first concept for the same reasons that other classmates liked .. it looks more for adults.. the second concept is also strong ,but remember that as designers we need to convince the audience to try our service in this case you need to get those adults to come and try some beers!
Jose nunez

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I prefer the imagery and color scheme of your first design. The only thing I think isn't working is the alternating colors in your title.
Raymond Dylan Bivens

freem110

Post by freem110 »

I would love to see drunk Santa and elves! I think first design is good for layout but I think it's a bit too dark, perhaps using traditional Christmas colors and then using the drunk Santa to give it the adult humor feel. It's coming along nicly!
Brian Freeman