Project 2 Preliminary Critique (Rebecca Baumann)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Martin5Ar

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Critique (Rebecca Baumann)

Post by Martin5Ar »

Rebecca, Awesome job! I'm enjoying both of your designs. I don't really know which one to pick. The first one has nice color scheme, graphics and it looks more attractive. The second one looks cleaner and has coffee elements in it, which is perfect for this website. Because both of them are really good,I would leave it up to you to decide this time. ;)
Martin Aranda

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Rebecca.

I really enjoy the layering effect you have in the first one, and how you incorporated the original site's little "welcome" graphic. The content page looks almost a little plain in comparison though, like it needs an image or two to balance it out. I also think your link tabs are awesomely done, but I'd be interested to see what they'd look like with a more tassel effect, instead of just plain rectangles.

The shot of the coffee up on the second is great and the big "Coffee" as a focal point is nicely done. I don't think the little link extras you have ("our coffee list" instead of just "coffee," for instance) works as well on this layout. Oh, unless you maybe did that as a rollover effect? I'm having the same problem for the content page, in that it looks a little plain compared to the hompage. Maybe have some images in the background of your boxes, with very low opacity, to give it some extra pop.

Personally, I like the second better.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I love your second layout. You never disappoint and I always look at your stuff to set the bar for the class.
Dustin Hill

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

WOW!!! very nice designs. I like both ideas, and can't really choose.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

Hi Rebecca.. Im sure i critiqued your website las week but i was looking at it and i don't see any of my comments but is ok i can critique you again. :D you did a grate job with both of your concepts i definally like the curly typeface that you choose. I personally love the second layout the world that you crated with the coffee beans looks fantastic. although the green cup net to it is too dominant ...but other than that you did a grate gob.
Jose nunez

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

The imagery of your second design is superb. It makes me want coffee, and I dont even drink the stuff!
Raymond Dylan Bivens

freem110

Post by freem110 »

Your designs are so playful! I love your second design I feel it is a bit more bold and communicates your message immediately. I'm not sure what I would change, I really like them!
Brian Freeman

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

these are both super attractive. I think I like the second one more, the coffee beans spelling the word is super cool. also I really like what you did with the navighation bar. I bet you make some money on this one
Mark Pederson