Project Two - Donna Harn

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
donnalouwho

Project Two - Donna Harn

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi all,

Here is the link for my Project Two:

http://www.grc175.com/student/spring_2013/donna_harn/

I still have to add my resources under my "Useful Bits" section on my portal page. Thought I'd do it at the end. Also, on my re-do, I had to actually REDO the whole thing this week and ran out of time as far as my "order" section and "specials" section at the bottom. But, thankfully, this thing is working! I had my doubts. Whew! I had so much more I expected of this little site but I am so incredibly ecstatic that it's viewable right now. Ya'll have no idea... well, maybe you do. :)
Donna Harn

donnalouwho

Re: Project Two - Donna Harn

Post by donnalouwho »

p.s. - I noticed a few things I need to fix! I hate that I didn't notice before uploading it but I will have them fixed by Monday. Don't look for them though, ok? 4am homework sessions before work are hard on the eyeballs. ;)
Donna Harn

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Donna - I think both of your sites turned out really well. You kept it simple, and it's very strong in its simplicity. Your color choices are extremely good, as is your use of photographs, which is a serious talent of yours.

The only thing that's throwing me a little is the font on your portal page; it has a really weird letter J, so that the word "project" looks kind of strange. How's that for a nitpick? :)
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Donna.

Very nice! The blue and orange colors on your homepage really work well together and you did a great job of forming a webpage out of your second project's design. I like the "home" icon you added to your homepage too, but are you planning to actually link that to your index? It would also be cool if you could incorporate your linked pages a little more into your design, versus just having a new plain black page with text pop up like you have for your project two right now. And that same sentiment bleeds into your project two as well, because a few of your pages pop up just as text on a green background when you have such awesome background images on the product pages. Also, you have a horizontal scroll bar on some of those pages when it doesn't seem necessary, so maybe check to see where that's happening. I know you said you've already noticed a few things that need to be fixed and maybe some of these are included in that, but they're just what caught my eye!
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Great work on both sites! I love the design for your project 2 so much. Nothing much to add.
Alexey Makovskiy

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Donna-

Its just beautiful! Simple but eye-catching and easy to navigate! Did you take the photographs yourself? I would guess that you did! I think you accomplished everything that this project intended for us to accomplish!

Nikki :P
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Wow! This really turned out amazing! Your imagery is so strikingly great! This was a rough last few weeks…but you made it…and you pulled it off well!
jen
jenny breitrick

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

As always Donna your work is amazing and so well thought out
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Donna,
Great Job!! On Both of your sites. I like the use of images and typeface on both sites. Your redesign website looks so beautiful, the images are so wonderful and the color scheme is calm and relaxing just Hawaii. Your site easy to navigate through its clean and organized. Nice Job! :)
Maria Nunez

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Hey Donna, you did an excellent job. Your website looks very professional and interesting at the same time. I loved your project two. It's a completely new version of the old website. That color choice works very well.
Martin Aranda